This is without a doubt the best triple chocolate cheesecake recipe you’ll ever eat! Silky-smooth, creamy chocolate cheesecake is nestled in a chocolate cookie base, then garnished with a perfect dark chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of chocolate chips – whipped cream optional!
Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
There is NOTHING quite like a slice of creamy, indulgent cheesecake paired with a cup of hot coffee – am I right? Actually, let me rephrase that and throw in a heap of chocolate. Now we’re talking. This Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe is all I want for dessert forever from now on.
To be honest, I never really cared for chocolate cheesecake before this one came along.
I’m definitely more of a plain jane cheesecake lover. Regular old creamy vanilla cheesecake, topped with anything and everything is my jam. Flavored cheesecakes are usually too much for me to enjoy – the toppings so often overshadow the delicate, rich filling that I adore so much.
I was skeptical as to whether or not I’d really be a fan of this chocolate cheesecake recipe, but my goodness. They say that taste buds change every 10 years, and it seems like mine have!
This decadent Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe gets its name from a trio of amazing chocolates…
- The buttery crust is made from chocolate wafer cookies, but can easily be made with crushed Oreos instead, if that’s your style.
- The traditional cheesecake filling is blended with melted semi-sweet chocolate & heavy cream, making it less dense than a New York-style cheesecake, but even creamier than a French version.
- The top is covered in a thick dark chocolate ganache, then studded with chocolate chips (easy) or beautiful shaved chocolate (fancy).
Serving this cheesecake alone at any meal will blow your guests away, but your garnishes are what will really make this a dessert to remember! I served this one with simple fresh raspberries – a little tart to balance the sweet, rich cake.
The garnish possibilities are truly endless. Whipped cream with macerated strawberries, sour cherry pie filling, or warm salted caramel will introduce especially unique flavor profiles.
If you’re looking for even crazier flavors, chopped cashews and a drizzle of orange marmalade will take you there. And for a seasonal masterpiece, top this chocolate cheesecake with cranberries cooked in a cardamom and red wine reduction!
More Delicious Cheesecake Recipes:
Helpful Kitchen Tools For this Recipe:
- 9-inch Springform Pan
- Rolling Pin
- Food Processor
- Stand Mixer
Pin this Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe for Later!
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 1 1/4 cups crushed chocolate cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sea salt to taste
- Chocolate chips or curls for garnish
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Whipped cream optional
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with a round piece of parchment, then spray with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Blend cookies in food processor until finely ground, or place in a large zipper bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add melted butter and pulse or stir until well blended.
- Press crumbs evenly onto bottom and about 1-inch up the sides of the springform pan. Bake just until set, about 5 minutes. Cool while preparing cheesecake filling.
- Microwave heavy cream in two 30-second intervals, until warmed through. Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl and pour the warm cream over, ensuring it is completely covered. Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes, then stir with a rubber spatula until completely melted and combined. Allow to cool about 5 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, blend the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt at medium speed until smooth. Blend in eggs 1 at a time, mixing well between each. Slowly blend in lukewarm chocolate and vanilla extract, mixing until just combined.
- Pour filling over crust and smooth out the top. Bake until center is just set and just appears dry, about 45-50 minutes. Turn oven off and prop the door open with the handle of a wooden spoon. Cool the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour, then cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Microwave heavy cream in two 30-second intervals, until warmed through. Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl and pour the warm cream over, ensuring it is completely covered. Allow to sit for 3-5 minutes, then add the vanilla extract and salt. Stir with a rubber spatula until completely melted and combined. Allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the middle of the cheesecake, spreading to within 1-inch of the edge. Chill until ganache is set, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around the sides of the cheesecake to loosen if necessary, then release from the pan. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Top with chocolate chips or curls. Serve immediately with fresh raspberries and whipped cream, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Share your thoughts!
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with me below and leave a review! And don’t forget to connect on your favorite social platform below!
Leave A Reply!