Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks are a fun twist on classic chocolate chip cookies and the perfect dessert for dipping! A thick, slightly crisp, yet still chewy cookie loaded with chocolate chips and made in a 9 x 13-inch pan for easy baking!
chocolate chip cookie sticks
December is here and today is National Cookie Day and with Santa’s reindeer-led sleigh will be landing on your rooftops in just a few short weeks!
So it only seems natural to start thinking about what kind of cookies you’re going to serve up with that big ole’ glass of milk! And I think these chocolate chip cookie sticks should be at the top of your list!
So have you heard of cookie sticks? They’re a relatively new concept to me, but I’m absolutely in love! I mean, come on, who doesn’t love a cookie that was designed for dipping!?!?
And they’re such a fun and unique twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie.
And since I’ve never shared just a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe on the blog, I thought it might be a good cookie sticks recipe to start with.
And who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies, am I right?
These cookie sticks are super easy to make, you bake them in a 9 x 13-inch pan and then slice them up with a pizza cutter.
Let them cool a bit so they stabilize a little more so they’re dippable.
And if you don’t really feel like sticks, cut them into squares and top them with some vanilla ice cream and hot fudge!
What You’ll Need for this Cookie Sticks Recipe:
You’ll want a 9×13-inch pan with a lip, you can use a lipped baking sheet like in the video or you can use a high lipped cake pan.
The easiest way to cut these sticks up is with a pizza cutter, but you can use a big knife too.
You’ll need measuring cups and spoons like in any recipe, these are my favorite dry and wet ingredient cups to use!
You’ll need to line the pan with aluminum foil to easily lift the cookies out of the pan after baking. I like using heavy duty to avoid it ripping while transferring the cookies.
But these cookies are great for more than setting out for Santa, they’re perfect all year round when you just need to indulge in a little chocolate chip cookie goodness or satisfy your sweet tooth.
And since it’s National Cookie Day, you should scroll down and check out all the fun and tempting recipes my friends whipped up to celebrate too!
- Guinness No Bake Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla Chai Shortbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, then add the flour mix to the wet ingredients in two separate additions, mixing until combined after each addition.
- Mix in 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared baking pan and use your hands to press and spread the dough out evenly to cover the entire pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips over the dough and gently press into the dough using the palms of your hands.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and gently lift the cookie out of the pan by using the aluminum foil, transfer to a solid, flat surface.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 18 strips along the 13-inch side and then run the cutter once up the middle of the 9-inch side to create 36 cookie sticks.
- If you want crisper, harder cookies, follow the instructions above and then transfer the cut cookie sticks to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Pin these Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks for Later!