These Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfection! They’re big, thick, and chewy and loaded with milk and semisweet chocolate chips!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
So, I’m not really sure how it happened, but I’ve been sharing the pieces of my life with you here on the blog for over four years now and somehow, I’ve never shared my Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe with all of you. I mean, it’s pretty much the king of desserts next to the chocolate cake.
I guess, technically, I have shared my Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks recipe with you in December and my Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies have been a hit for years, which are both super delicious, but today, I’m giving you this glorious recipe for Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies and I promise you, you want to go make them RIGHT NOW!
Now chocolate chip cookies might not be everyone’s all-time favorite, but I think we all have a soft spot in our hearts for them, don’t we? And there are so many ways to make them. And while there are plenty of variations that I love, there’s nothing I enjoy more than perfectly simple bakery style chocolate chip cookies.
When I say bakery style, I’m talking big, thick, and chewy cookies loaded with both milk and semisweet chocolate chips. They’ve got that crisp bottom and edges with a perfectly soft center, and if you grab one right out of the oven you’ll find loads of gooey chocolate chips awaiting you!
Now, while the recipe and process are very simple, it’s important that you don’t skip any of the steps or you won’t get perfect cookies like these.
A few things you absolutely must make sure to do are:
- Follow the directions 😉
- Melted butter, not softened, and make sure it’s unsalted!
- Chill the dough as stated in the directions because it allows you to get the thick chewy cookie.
- A mix of milk and semisweet chocolate chips is preferred for bakery style flavor, but if you forget to buy both, I’ll forgive you 😉
- 3 inches!!! Most cookie recipes call for the dough to be dropped at least 2 inches apart, well, this recipe requires 3!
- Let cool on the pan for at least a few minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
More delicious cookie recipes!
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Birthday Cake Pudding Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies
- Butterbeer Pudding Cookies
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Irish Cream No Bake Cookies
See how to make these chocolate chip cookies in the video!
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream together melted butter and sugars in a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and beat until light and creamy.
- In a separate, medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients a little at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and measure dough into 1/4 cup-sized balls, place balls on an ungreased cookie sheet at least 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the pan.