Root Beer Float
Everyone loves a good A&W® Root Beer Float - a classic and fun drink recipe made with bubbly root beer, creamy vanilla ice cream, and a few other ingredients that takes it over the top! Here's how to make the absolute BEST one!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 1 drink
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 ounces A&W® Root Beer
- whipped cream garnish
- maraschino cherry garnish
Use a tall glass, preferably a float glass or a beer stein. Freeze your glasses prior to use for an extra frosty experience.
Add the ice cream to the glass and pour the root beer in slowly at an angle to reduce fizz and risk of overflow.
Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Other Recipe Variations:
- “The Chocoholic,” which starts with a chocolate syrup-rimmed glass that’s rolled in sprinkles, and swaps vanilla ice cream for — you guessed it — chocolate! Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup if you’re really committed to your addiction!
- “The Very Vanilla” highlights the bean’s mellow flavor with a teaspoon of vanilla extract mixed in with the root beer.
- “The Slushie.” Simply combine vanilla ice cream, root beer, and ice in a blender, and blend until icy – whipped cream and cherries optional!
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 262mg | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 11.1% | Calcium: 18%