This Salsa Chicken Bake is a mouthwatering and easy dinner recipe loaded with flavor and made with just chicken, taco seasoning, salsa, and cheese!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts1
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 16 ounces salsa2
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese3
- sour cream optional
- cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9x9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
Rub each of the chicken breasts with taco seasoning and place in the baking dish.
Pour the salsa over the chicken, making sure to cover each piece.
Bake for 33 to 37 minutes, or until the chicken's internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the top of each piece of chicken, place back in the oven and broil on low for 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream. Pairs well with Spanish rice.
- You can use cutlets for this recipe and bake in a larger pan. Bake time should be reduced to 25 to 30 minutes if using cutlets.
- I prefer to use restaurant style salsa, but chunky works great too!
- Cheddar cheese may be used instead of a Mexican cheese blend.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 1114mg | Potassium: 768mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 243mg | Iron: 1.1mg