This Salsa Chicken Bake is a mouthwatering and easy dinner recipe that’s made with just 4 ingredients and ready in less than 45 minutes! It’s loaded with flavor and made with just chicken, taco seasoning, salsa, and cheese!
This is a delicious chicken dish that requires minimal prep and comes together quickly! It’s a family favorite and perfect for picky eaters!
This baked Salsa Chicken is the perfect no-fuss, easy, and downright delicious weeknight meal!
The best part: 4 ingredients. FOUR! And it’s crazy tasty for just 4 ingredients!
If you want sour cream and cilantro, that makes it 6, but that’s entirely up to you, although I highly recommend it!
This is one of my favorite dishes to add to our monthly meal plan rotation along with my Alfredo Recipe, it’s loaded with flavor and you don’t have to be a chef or even a good home cook to make it! It’s seriously THAT easy!
What’s In It?
This easy dinner recipe starts with Chicken Breasts which is always a family favorite protein!
Next, Taco Seasoning is used as a rub to add great flavor to the chicken and is then placed in a dish and topped with your favorite kind of Salsa! I prefer a chunkier salsa for this dish, but any type will work and whether it’s a hot or mild salsa is entirely up to you!
Finally, like many great casseroles, this recipe is topped with Mexican Cheese (but you can certainly use your favorite, a Cheddar Cheese would be great too).
How To Make It
One great thing about this recipe is that it’s SO incredibly easy to make! Simply sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken and rub the taco seasoning on both sides.
Top with salsa and bake for 40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees F when a meat thermometer is inserted into the center.
Just before serving, sprinkle the chicken with cheese and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until melted.
Remove from oven and top your favorite toppings, such as cilantro, sour cream, and jalapenos!
Your house will smell amazing before you even pull the dish out of the oven, and that melty cheese and fragrant spices will leave your mouth watering.
I recommend serving up this Mexican-inspired dish with a refreshing Skinny Margarita, Spanish rice, or cauliflower rice.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Ranch Chicken & Rice Casserole
- Garlic Chicken
- Lemon Ginger Soy Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Coconut Soup
Salsa ChickenPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9×9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Rub each of the chicken breasts with taco seasoning and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken, making sure to cover each piece.
- Bake for 33 to 37 minutes, or until the chicken's internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the top of each piece of chicken, place back in the oven and broil on low for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream. Pairs well with Spanish rice.
- You can use cutlets for this recipe and bake in a larger pan. Bake time should be reduced to 25 to 30 minutes if using cutlets.
- I prefer to use restaurant style salsa, but chunky works great too!
- Cheddar cheese may be used instead of a Mexican cheese blend.