Chicken Tetrazzini recipe is an easy, cozy, and delicious casserole dish! Fettuccine, chicken, mushrooms, and peas are baked into a creamy cheese sauce with tons of flavor! It’s an instant family favorite!
This Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini is a delicious pasta dish my family loves! The creamy sauce is made with mozzarella, sour cream, and a homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup!
If the thought of planning quick and delicious family dinners during “back to school” season makes you shudder, don’t stress: this Chicken Tetrazzini recipe checks all the boxes!
Creamy, hearty, and cozy for chilly nights, Chicken Tetrazzini combines classic ingredients to make a meal that’s nothing short of comfort food. Best of all, it’s easy to throw together and only takes about an hour to make, with half of that being baking time.
What Is It?
It is an American dish made with diced poultry or seafood and mushroom in a butter/cream and Parmesan sauce flavored with wine with a fettuccine, spaghetti, or some similarly thin pasta. Everything is tossed together and then baked.
Chicken Tetrazzini casserole is loaded with fettuccine, chicken, peas, and mushrooms. But the best part is the rich cream sauce, which blends cream of chicken soup, sour cream, white wine, and mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
How Do You Make It?
It’s super easy to make with a few basic cooking steps, no special techniques required. You’ll need to pre-cook the pasta and chicken before combining everything together. But it’s totally worth the extra effort!
The result? A bubbling pan full of twirl-able noodles, juicy chicken, tender peas, earthy mushrooms, and that irresistible cream sauce topped with melty mozzarella cheese!
- I like to slice the breasts into thin cutlets so that they cook faster.
- You can either shred your chicken in a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment or chop it into pieces with a knife.
- You may also use all of the meat from a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store instead of the 3 chicken breasts called for in the recipe.
- If you don’t want to use white wine, go ahead and use chicken broth instead.
- Peas and mushrooms may be omitted from the recipe if desired.
Keep this great recipe handy for those hectic evenings when you come home late from work. A few simple ingredients and a little bit of prep and you have a cozy home-cooked dinner on the table any night of the week!
Oh, and you’ll have a happy family, too (especially if they love pasta). This is one of my husband’s favorite comfort foods! It reheats well too!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes!
- Ranch Chicken – This 2-ingredient recipe is so easy to make a loaded with flavor!
- Salsa Chicken – The whole family with love this 4-ingredient recipe!
- Chicken Tacos – Perfect for taco Tuesday!
- Tuscan Chicken – A deliciously creamy and gourmet meal that’s super easy to make!
- Chicken and Rice Casserole – Pure comfort food with a crouton crust!
Chicken TetrazziniPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts1
- 2 cups condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine2
- 1 cup frozen peas3
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to al dente according to box directions. Once the pasta has finished cooking, drain and run cold water over it to stop the cooking process.
- While pasta is cooking, pan sear the chicken breast until the internal chicken temperature reaches 165 degrees F. I recommend slicing the chicken breasts into thinner cutlets so they cook faster.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, add it to a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to shred or chop with a sharp knife. I personally prefer shredded chicken in this recipe.
- Keep the chicken in the stand mixer bowl or transfer to a large bowl and mix in the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper, white wine, peas, and mushrooms and mix until fully combined.
- Add the pasta to the chicken mixture and mix until combined. Transfer to the mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until edges are bubbly and center is heated through.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy hot for best taste.
- The meat of a whole rotisserie chicken can be used in place of the three chicken breast to save time.
- Chicken broth may be used instead of white wine.
- Peas and mushrooms may be omitted, if desired.