These Classic Drop Biscuits call for only 5 ingredients to whip up deliciously buttery and tender biscuits in just 30 minutes!
Quickly bake up a batch of these biscuits while you cook up flavor-packed Skillet Baked Pork Chops or One-Pot Chili Mac and Cheese that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Classic Drop Biscuits are an easy-to-make recipe using only a handful of pantry staple ingredients! You’ll love how effortless it is to bring warm, fresh biscuits to the table any night of the week!
Eat them up for breakfast in Biscuits and Sausage Gravy, for dessert in Easy Strawberry Shortcakes, or as a side to your favorite meals! Regardless of when or how you eat them, this is guaranteed to be a simple, delicious recipe that you keep going back to time and time again!
Why This Recipe Works!
- Drop & Bake! No rolling out the dough, yeast rising, or forming dough balls for this recipe! Just simply drop and bake!
- Easy Ingredients! All you need is 5 pantry staple ingredients and melted butter to brush over the biscuits!
- Savory Or Sweet! Enjoy them as-is for the best savory flavor or dress them up with honey or cinnamon sugar for a sweet biscuit!
- Quick! These Homemade Drop Biscuits cook in just 15 minutes!
This Drop Biscuit Recipe is made of ingredients I’m willing to bet are tucked right inside your pantry and refrigerator! Mix up a batch using all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, whole milk, baking powder, and salt.
Once the biscuits have baked and cooled you’ll then brush on salted melted butter! Carbs covered in melted butter, do I have your attention yet?
If so, you’re probably already thinking of what you’ll serve them with! Enjoy them with a warm casserole like Chicken Tetrazzini, alongside a hearty bowl of Crock Pot Beef Stew, or when you go all out with a Maple Peach Glazed Spiral Ham dinner!
These biscuits are packed with delicious buttery goodness! But if you’re looking to add a little something to them, add in some garlic powder to the melted butter before brushing it on the cooled biscuits!
How To Make Drop Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut the cold unsalted butter into the flour mixture until butter is worked into pea-sized pieces. Being careful not to overmix.
- Add the milk into the batter until just combined. The dough should look thick and sticky.
- Drop biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake.
- Cool before brushing on the melted salted butter.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store
You can keep these biscuits at room temperature in an airtight container. Enjoy them within 3 days!
What Is A Drop Biscuit?
They’re a freeform biscuit that doesn’t require any shaping or rolling! Just simply drop a spoonful of dough on the pan and bake!
Can I Reheat These Biscuits?
Yes! You can either microwave them or reheat them in the oven. To do so, just preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and heat them for 5 to 7 minutes.
I find no meal is complete without these Drop Biscuits or at least some kind of warm, buttery carb on the side! Here are more great recipes to pair with your next meal that the whole family will love!
- Cheddar Drop Biscuits – Loaded with cheddar cheese and Colby jack cheese then topped with garlic butter
- Classic Parker House Dinner Rolls – Buttery, rich rolls made using pantry staple ingredients!
- Easy Stuffed Cheese Breadsticks – Ready in just 20 minutes using crescent roll dough, cheese, garlic salt, and parsley!
- Perfect Yeast Rolls – Two dozen pull-apart dinner rolls come out perfectly fluffy and butter!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons salted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture until butter is worked into pea-sized balls, but don’t overmix.
- Fold the milk into the batter just until combined being careful not to overmix, your dough should look sticky and thick.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop biscuits 2 to 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before brushing on the melted salted butter.
- You can add ½ cup shredded cheese to the biscuit mixture.
- You can also add garlic powder to the butter that gets brushed on.
- Use these for sweet dessert-like shortcakes and brush honey butter or unsalted butter on top and sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- These will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- My husband loves using these to make easy breakfast sandwiches.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Leave A Reply!