Did you know it was National Chocolate Chip Cookie week? Yeah, neither did I, but I guess it was fate that I made these cookies last weekend to share with all of you today!
Okay, I know I’m not exactly sharing and there’s a good chance that even if I could, I wouldn’t. However, I am sharing the recipe and that’s pretty close right? I mean, you should be thanking me for introducing you to one of the best cookies you’ll ever have! These Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are like Girl Scout Cookies in that you want to stash them away and keep them all to yourself.
I mean, Seriously! Just look at these cookies! They have a slightly crisp outer shell and are chewy and gooey on the inside almost like a brownie. They sound pretty perfect, huh? I think what really makes them over the top is the two different kinds of chocolate chips, dark chocolate and milk chocolate. Matt said these were the second best cookies I’ve ever made. I know, second best, but I’m okay with that; nothing will ever compare to my Bourbon and Toffee Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I’m pretty certain this is one of those recipes that will be made time and time again in our family and handed down from generation to generation. We’re talking chocolate cookie perfection here, everyone is going to love them and want to share this recipe for years to come. So are you dying to try them yet? Well get your gallon glass of milk ready and let’s make some cookies!
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter 1 stick, room temp
- 1 - 3.4 oz Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Additional Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Homemade Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Baking Cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup 60% Cocoa Chips
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Cream butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Add pudding, eggs, additional egg yolk and vanilla. Beat for about one minute on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a 1/2 cup at a time and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoon sized scoops onto a nonstick baking sheet about two inches apart. I use this kind of scoop.
Bake at 350 F for 9-12 minutes.
- Cool on pan for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.