Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip is a no-bake dessert dip that’s made in just 5 minutes. Enjoy it with fresh fruit, crackers, or pretzels!
This Chocolate Chip Dip Recipe Is Irresistible!
Whether you’re hosting a party or attending one, this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip belongs on the dessert table! It’s classic cookie dough flavor and creamy consistency are a treat that everyone will devour!
Since this dip isn’t made with raw flour or eggs, it’s completely safe to eat! So, go ahead and enjoy every single bite! And, of course, lick the spoon 😉
It’s also made without Cool Whip for those who aren’t big fans!
Cookie Dough Dip Recipe Ingredients
- Cream Cheese
- Salted Butter
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Heath Toffee Bits
Pantry staples such as powdered sugar and dark brown sugar bring a sweet taste to this dip, while the vanilla extract smooths out the overall flavor. As the cream cheese and butter are creamed, it sets that wonderful creamy base for this dip!
The mini chocolate chips and heath toffee bits are added to finish off the cookie dough flavor! However, we know all cookies can be customized to your taste, and this dip is no different, so have fun making it!
Cookie Dough Dip Substitutions & Variations
- Salted Butter – Unsalted butter can be used in place of salted butter, but additional salt will need to be added to taste.
- Dark Brown Sugar – You can use light brown sugar instead of dark brown sugar, though it will create a slightly different flavor. The dip will still turn out sweet and delicious!
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Feel free to use milk chocolate, dark, or semi-sweet chocolate chips. I would just recommend using mini-sized chips for a dippable consistency.
- Flavor Variation – Swap out the chocolate chips for butterscotch chips or mint chocolate chips for a flavor variation. Or use a variety of flavored chips!
- Mix-Ins – Have fun with this dip by adding in other tasty add-ins! Stir in chopped-up candy bar pieces like Twix or Kit Kats, crushed cookies such as Oreos, sprinkles, mini M&MS, or mini Reese’s pieces. You can even add in edible chocolate chip cookie dough bits that can be purchased in the refrigerator section of your grocery store.
- Add More Crunch – Give this chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe some crunch by adding chopped pretzels or graham crackers.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Step 1: Cream the butter, dark brown sugar, and cream cheese together in a medium mixing bowl using a hand mixer. Cream until you can no longer feel the sugar granules.
Step 2: Beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until fully incorporated.
Step 3: Fold in the mini chocolate chips and Heath Toffee Bits. Then, transfer the cookie dip to a serving dish.
Step 4: Sprinkle on more toffee bits and mini chocolate chips for presentation. Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Chocolate Chip Dip
This dessert dip has the perfect dippable consistency and sweet flavor so that it can easily go with a variety of dippers! We love this dip with the following:
- Fresh Fruit – Sliced apples or strawberries
- Cookies – Nilla Wafers, sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, Golden Oreos,
- Chips – Pretzels or Corn chips make for a salty, sweet treat!
- Crackers – Honey Graham Crackers, chocolate graham crackers, animal crackers, or Teddy Grahams.
- Cones – Broken-up waffle and sugar cones are also great when dipped in this cookie dough dip!
How To Store Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Store homemade chocolate chip dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
When you’re ready to enjoy the dip, I suggest first allowing it to sit at room temperature to soften the butter in the dip. Give the dip a stir to reincorporate the ingredients, and then enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip FAQS
Yes, you can make this dessert dip recipe ahead of time. Since this dip is made with butter and cream cheese, it will harden a bit in the fridge when being stored. Therefore, I recommend allowing the dip to soften at room temperature before serving and enjoying, ensuring that it’s a dippable consistency.
Since this dip isn’t made with raw eggs or raw flour, it eliminates the potential of consuming harmful bacteria, making this dip safe to eat.
Yes, this dip can be made in the bowl of a stand mixer using a paddle attachment. However, I do suggest folding in the chocolate chips or other mix-ins of your choice by hand so that they get evenly dispersed throughout the dip.
For a sweeter dip, add in some more powdered sugar to taste.
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together 8 ounces cream cheese, 5 tablespoons salted butter, and ⅔ cup dark brown sugar with a hand mixer until you can no longer feel the sugar granules – about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in ¾ cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and ¼ teaspoon salt until fully incorporated.
- Fold in ¾ cup mini chocolate chips and ¾ cup Heath Toffee Bits, then transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle on additional mini chocolate chips or toffee bits for presentation. Serve with crackers, fruit, and cookies.