This Cinnamon Frosting is a simple and sweet buttercream frosting that’s perfect for all your favorite desserts from cakes to cookies and more!
You guys have absolutely been loving my frosting recipes, so of course, I’m going to give you more. We gotta feed that sugar addiction now don’t we?
My Peanut Butter Frosting has been one of my most popular posts this year and while it’s super good, like SUPER good, nothing quite captures the cozy taste of home like cinnamon.
Cinnamon not only tastes amazing, but it’s good for you too and since there’s a whopping 2 tsp of it in this frosting that means the whole bowl of it is really “healthy”. Trust me on this one 😉
So slather it on your cookies and cakes and burgers (just kidding) and enjoy!
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter on low speed until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add in 2 cups confectioners' sugar and 2 tbsp heavy cream a little at a time, alternating between each, while mixing on low over the course of about 3 minutes.
- If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining cream.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Beat on medium-high for about 2-3 minutes until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Frost or fill your baked goods or just lick the beaters.