This Cinnamon Frosting is a simple and sweet buttercream frosting that’s perfect for all your favorite desserts from cakes to cookies and more!
You guys have absolutely been loving my frosting recipes, so of course, I’m going to give you more. We gotta feed that sugar addiction now don’t we?
My Peanut Butter Frosting has been one of my most popular posts this year and while it’s super good, like SUPER good, nothing quite captures the cozy taste of home like cinnamon.
Cinnamon not only tastes amazing, but it’s good for you too and since there’s a whopping 2 tsp of it in this frosting that means the whole bowl of it is really “healthy”. Trust me on this one 😉
So slather it on your cookies and cakes and burgers (just kidding) and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter on low speed until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add in 2 cups confectioners' sugar and 2 tbsp heavy cream a little at a time, alternating between each, while mixing on low over the course of about 3 minutes.
- If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining cream.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Beat on medium-high for about 2-3 minutes until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Frost or fill your baked goods or just lick the beaters.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don't forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Share your thoughts!
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with me below and leave a review! And don’t forget to connect on your favorite social platform below!
Comments & Reviews
This frosting looks incredible! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Lou Lou Girls says
Oh yum! This looks so incredible! Pinned and tweeted. We love partying with you and we appreciate you stopping by! Please take a minute to stop by next week, so we can pin and tweet your new creation. The party starts on Monday at 7 pm! Have a great Saturday! Lou Lou Girls
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
This looks amazing! I HAVE to find something to use this on soon…buttercream is a weakness! Pinning!
Haha… that’s right, who needs cake when you have a spoon! 😉
All that's Jas says
Yeah, I don’t need to frost anything, I could eat it straight out of that dish, lol. Thanks for joining the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!
Thank you so much, Kathleen!
Kathleen @ Yummy Crumble says
I know exactly what I’m going to use this for! Beautiful photos and I love your blog. Everything looks insanely delicious!