You’ll find the taste of an authentic Italian bakery in this easy-to-make Cannoli Dip that’s made with only 5 ingredients! A treat-yourself dessert that will hit the spot every time!
You will love this Cannoli Dip Recipe with Mascarpone
It’s no secret around here that I LOVE desserts! And I love this easy, crowd-pleasing Cannoli Dip recipe filled with authentic Italian flavor!
To ensure I delivered a drool-worthy dessert dip filled with authentic flavor, I skipped the cream cheese and headed straight to the mascarpone and ricotta cheese! The result is a thick, sweet treat that won’t disappoint if you’re a lover of cannoli filling and traditional cannolis!
You’ll also appreciate the instant gratification you get with this recipe since it’s ready to enjoy in just 10 minutes after combining only 5 ingredients!
Cannoli Dip Recipe Ingredients
This easy dip quickly comes together using only
- whole milk ricotta cheese
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- mini chocolate chips
- mascarpone cheese
If you want, you can also add lemon or orange zest or even chopped pistachios into the mix!
Then just choose what you’ll serve alongside this Cannoli dip!
How To Make Cannoli Dip
Drain the ricotta cheese by thinly spreading it out onto four layers of paper towels, then place four more over the top of it. Press to remove any excess moisture from the cheese.
Mix together the drained ricotta, mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a large bowl or stand mixer.
Serve with your favorite fruits, cookies, or crackers!
What to dip in Cannoli Dip with Mascarpone
I love using strawberries, graham crackers, broken waffle cones or cannoli shells, or even vanilla wafers! Put together a fun platter of choices to serve with this dip and skip the decision making altogether!
How to store leftover Sweet Cannoli Dip
This Cannoli Dip will last for one week stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator however it will stiffen. Easily soften it by letting it sit a room temperature for about 15 minutes then rebeat using a hand mixer.
Easy Cannoli Dip Recipe Variations
- I do think this dip is plenty sweet as is, but you can add in up to ½ cup of additional powdered sugar to make this dip sweeter! I don’t recommend using any more than that since the flavor of the sugar could become overpowering.
- If you prefer a softer, smoother dip, you can fold in a 1/2 cup of WHIPPED heavy cream to the mixture with the chocolate chips. The photos in this recipe show the consistency of the dip WITHOUT adding the whipped cream.
Dips are fun snacks to munch on at home, enjoy at parties, or even for contributing to that office potluck! Check out more of my other favorite dip recipes that are sure to be crowd-pleasers!
- Brownie S’mores Dip – Brownie batter, chocolate, and toasted marshmallows made in a cast-iron skillet!
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip – Packed full of cheese and garlic that can be made either creamy or hearty!
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip – Chunks of apple soaked in a caramel and brown sugar sauce sprinkled with apple pie spice!
- Best Pepperoni Pizza Dip – Dip your favorite bread, crackers, veggies, or chips in this savory dip!
- German Chocolate Cake Batter Dip – Made in less than 5 minutes using just 3 ingredients!
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
Cannoli Dip with Mascarpone
- Place four layers of paper towels on a flat surface and spread the ricotta out over the top of them with a rubber spatula into a thin layer, but leaving a good perimeter around the edge of the towels. Use four more layers of paper towels to put on top of the ricotta and press to remove any excess moisture from the cheese. You may have to do 2 rounds of this depending on how absorbent your paper towels are.
- Scrape the ricotta off of the paper towel and add it to a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add in the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- If you prefer a softer, smoother dip, you can fold in a 1/2 cup of WHIPPED heavy cream to the mixture with the chocolate chips. Pictures show the dip WITHOUT whipped cream.
- Serve with your favorite fruits, cookies, and more.
- I don’t recommend using a cheesecloth to squeeze the ricotta because a lot of moisture still gets trapped in the center of the ball, using paper towels is a much more effective way to remove the excess moisture.
- Yes, there is a lot of vanilla in this recipe. You can reduce it, but I really think it helps smooth out the flavor.
- Many other recipes use cream cheese in cannoli dip, but mascarpone is much more authentic to an Italian dessert AND it’s not as overpowering flavorwise.
- This dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after making, it will stiffen so let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes then rebeat with a hand mixer to soften it back up.
- Even though the ingredients add up to 4 ½ cups, once the ricotta has been drained it loses some of its volume and the recipe yields about 4 cups of dip.
- Up to an additional ½ cup of sugar can be added to make it sweeter, but I wouldn’t add more than that or the flavor of the sugar can become overpowering.