Cheese Breadsticks are ready in just 20 minutes using crescent roll dough, cheese, garlic salt, and parsley! Any cheese lover will appreciate these as an appetizer or served alongside their favorite pizza, soup, or pasta dish!
If there’s a comfort meal on our table, you can bet I have some type of bread or roll following close behind it! My Perfect Yeast Rolls or Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread will compliment almost any meal!
These Cheese Stuffed Breadsticks cook up in no time while you’re busy preparing the main course! You could even skip the meal since these can easily pass as a stand-alone appetizer or snack!
I find any meal just seems to taste better when it’s served with fresh warm bread! You really can’t go wrong filling your basket with these cheesy breadsticks that call for just 6 easy ingredients!
Cheesy Breadstick Ingredients
The base of these breadsticks is a can of crescent roll dough, easy enough right? Then you’ll just need shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and finely chopped parsley.
When shopping for ingredients, look for crescent roll sheets as opposed to traditional crescent rolls. This will make the recipe easier to prepare since you won’t have to seal the perforated areas.
How To Make Stuffed Cheese Breadsticks
- Roll the crescent roll dough out, making sure to seal all of the perforations (or use a crescent sheet). Then sprinkle ½ of both the mozzarella and cheddar cheese onto half of the crescent roll and fold it over, sealing the edges.
- Top the rolled, stuffed crescent dough with remaining cheese, grated parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and chopped parsley.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown, then slice and serve! These are best enjoyed warm!
How To Serve
These stuffed breadsticks can easily be served anywhere with just about anything! Here are a few ideas for how you can enjoy them!
- With warm Marinara Sauce watching the big game, or as your contribution to a potluck!
- Pair them with a warm bowl of Bacon Cauliflower Chowder or Slow Cooker Creamy Wild Rice Soup on cold nights!
- Make up a comfort food pasta dish such as Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs or Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole!
- Match them up with your favorite pizza! My 5-Ingredient Mini Pizzas or Pizza Sliders would taste great with these Cheesy Breadsticks!
These breadsticks are bound to be an instant hit with the whole family! They are easy, flavorful, and the kiddos can even help prepare them!
Can I use pizza dough instead of crescent roll dough?
Yes, but I have never made them that way. However, I’d recommend brushing on melted butter or olive oil on the dough first to add flavor. Then sprinkle on garlic powder or garlic salt before you add the cheese and fold it up! The cook time will also need to be adjusted slightly.
These Cheesy Breadsticks will last up to 3 to 4 days stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
How To Reheat
For best results, reheat the breadsticks in the oven at 325°F for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Whether you’re having a pasta dish, bowl of soup, a casserole, or a crockpot meal I bet there’s a bread that’d pair perfectly with it! Here are a few more recipes to check out when planning your meals!
- Cheddar Drop Biscuits – Loaded with cheddar and Colby jack cheese and topped with garlic butter!
- Easy Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks – Bursting with flavor using fresh garlic, herbs, and parmesan!
- Classic Southern Buttermilk Cornbread – Tender, buttery with a hint of sweetness that’s easily made from scratch!
- Homemade Bread – Use this fluffy bread for sandwiches, french toast, and more!
- Blue Cheese Garlic Bread – Made in just 15 minutes using cheeses, butter, and fresh herbs!
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Stuffed Cheese Breadsticks
- 1 (8oz.) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Open the crescent roll package and roll out into a large rectangle, making sure to seal the perforations.
- Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella and ½ cup cheddar onto half of the crescent roll.
- Fold over and seal by pressing with a fork.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, along with the grated parmesan, garlic salt, and chopped parsley.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Slice before serving.
- These Cheesy Breadsticks will last up to 3 to 4 days stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- For best results, reheat the breadsticks in the oven at 325°F for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.