This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Shaw’s Supermarket. All opinions are 100% mine.
Mini Pizzas are made with just 5 ingredients: canned biscuits, pizza sauce, pepperoni, cheese, and spices, and are ready in less than 20 minutes! They’re baked in a muffin tin, and since they’re individually made, everyone in the family can top their own!
There’s a lot of uncertainty with the coming school year, but no matter what, it’s sure to be busy. Whether your kiddos will do remote learning at home or head off to school, make life easier by having some family-friendly recipes on hand!
We’re talking, prep-in-a-pinch lunches for the middle of the (home)school day and hearty snacks for hungry teens after class. Once the cheese is melted and the crust golden brown, everyone will be ready to dive in!
(And, who doesn’t love pizza?)
Growing up, we kids loved making Mini Pizzas on English muffins after school. This updated recipe is made with canned biscuits that are baked in muffin cups.
If you have finicky eaters in the house, they’ll have a blast topping their own pizza dough. Cheese and pepperoni are classic (try mini pepperonis, too), but you can get creative with green peppers, onions, bacon crumbles, and more!
Even better, when you shop at Shaw’s Supermarket, you’ll save money and earn rewards on the ingredients for this yummy recipe! (More below.)
I shopped at Shaw’s in Maine, but you can also find private label Signature SELECT™ Canned Biscuits, Signature SELECT™ Pizza Sauce, Lucerne® Pizza 2-Cheese Blend, pepperoni, and seasonings at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Star Market, and Tom Thumb.
- Signature SELECT™ Canned Biscuits – These make the perfect pizza crust for these 3-bite pizzas!
- Signature SELECT™ Pizza Sauce – A shortcut instead of homemade pizza sauce.
- Pepperoni – A classic topping you can pick up right from the Shaw’s Deli counter! You can add any other toppings you want too – sausage, bacon, veggies, and more!
- Lucerne® Pizza 2-Cheese Blend – I love this combo of cheddar and mozzarella cheese!
- Spices – Pizza seasoning or oregano add to the classic pizza flavor.
How To Make Mini Pizzas:
These pizzas are so easy to make, all you need to do is cut your biscuits in half if you’re using big ones and then start assembling your pizzas.
- Dough: For the dough, you’ll be using canned biscuits.
- Sauce: Add 1 teaspoon of sauce to each of the doughs and then top with pizza seasoning or oregano. You can also add some red pepper flakes in this step if desired.
- Cheese: Sprinkle on the cheese to cover the biscuit but you still want to be able to see through to the sauce in places.
- Toppings: You can make cheese pizzas or you can add your favorite toppings such as pepperoni, crumbled bacon, or pre-cooked sausage.
Once the pizzas are assembled, bake until done, and then enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I prevent the pizzas from sticking?
Generously coat the muffin cups with cooking spray.
What can I use instead of a muffin tin?
You can place the biscuit dough on a baking sheet if you don’t have a regular muffin tin. I would create a little well in the center of the biscuit to help hold the sauce and cheese in place. I do not recommend using a mini muffin tin, the cups will be too small.
What is the just for U® program at Shaw’s?
This rewards program lets you earn points for products you’re going to purchase anyway!
Each dollar you spend is a point, and once you earn 100 points, you’ll earn a reward. This can be redeemed for cash off your grocery bill or money off of gas!
just for U® members get additional perks like instant savings, too (more below). And it takes just seconds to sign up; either text the word JOIN to 46359 or head to www.shaws.com.
How can I save money during the school year?
As a just for U® member, I earn points and score deals when I shop at Shaw’s.
Another big money-saver is buying Shaw’s private label brands including O Organics®, Open Nature®, Signature Farms®, Lucerne®, and more. They are fresh, top-quality, and often, much cheaper than their competitors!
Plus, just for U® members save even more on national brands with e-coupons from Digital Only Offers and personalized deals. Keep your eye out for the weekly HOT deals, and you’ll score HUGE savings on a handful of items.
How can I save time during the school year?
Shaw’s offers Grocery Delivery and Pick Up services and they are a lifesaver! Instead of packing everyone up in the car, I’ll have my groceries delivered right to my door.
If I plan on being out and about, I’ll use the Pick Up service for my pre-ordered groceries without having to leave my car.
Plan on homeschooling your kiddos this year? Trust me, these services will save you time and sanity!
More Pizza-Inspired Recipes
- Margherita Pizza – A simple pizza topped with fresh mozzarella and basil.
- One Pan Pizza Pasta – Macaroni is loaded with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni, and it’s all made in one pot!
- Pizza Sliders – Parmesan and herb-coated dinner rolls stuffed with pizza toppings make a tasty game day snack!
- Taco Pizza – Taco Tuesday meets pizza Friday!
- Brownie Pizza – A mouthwatering dessert that the kids will love.
Mini PizzasPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
- 1 (16 oz.) can Signature SELECT™ Canned Jumbo! Biscuits
- ⅓ cup Signature SELECT™ Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Lucerne® Pizza 2-Cheese Blend
- 12 pepperoni slices quartered
- 1 tablespoon pizza seasoning or oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cut each of the biscuits in half and gently press each half into a cavity of the tin, pinching the dough together to make a circle.
- Add 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce to each of the doughs and gently spread around.
- Add a pinch of pizza seasoning or dried oregano to each pizza.
- Top the sauce with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese on each pizza.
- Add 3 (quartered) pepperoni pieces to each pizza.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Run a paring knife around the edge of the pizzas to loosen them from the pan.
- If you don’t have a muffin tin you can place the biscuit dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I would create a little well in the center of the biscuit to help hold the sauce and cheese in place. I do not recommend using a mini muffin tin, the cups will be too small.
- This recipe does make 16, so you’ll have to bake the other 4 pizzas separately if using a 12 count muffin tin.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave.