Mix up your Taco Tuesday menu with this Taco Pizza, it’s everything you love about the classic weeknight meal on a delicious flatbread for a quick and easy dinner idea the whole family will love!
Happy Taco Tuesday! Actually, this day hasn’t been very happy for me and I don’t even have tacos to cheer me up. Nothing horrible happened today, it’s just been one of those days where nothing is wrong but nothing really seems to be right either, you guys know what I’m talking about right? And then the stupid stuff just compounds it. Yup, that’s the kind of day I’m having. The kind where there isn’t a big enough margarita.
I kind of wish I was devouring this Taco Pizza right now, but I’m lacking all of the ambition today and frozen pizza will have to do. But I can still share this new easy dinner idea with all of you and try not to drool all over my keyboard while I do it.
This idea came to me a few weeks back. We’ve really been loving flatbread pizzas lately and after making my Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, which you guys really seemed to love, so I figured you all deserved more taco night alternatives!
Even though this recipe calls for fresh taco meat, it actually makes two pizzas. So if you have taco meat leftover, you could easily just make one pizza and just half the rest of the ingredients. That’s usually what we do since it’s just the two of us.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning + water required on pouch
- 2 flatbread pizza sheets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper finely diced
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven according the the temperature on the flatbread package.
- Cook ground beef according to taco mix instructions. Meanwhile, brush flatbread sheets with olive oil and prep your vegetables.
- Sprinkle each of the flat breads with 3/4 cup shredded cheese, top with half the taco meat and half of the vegetables. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Top with extra toppings if desired and serve hot.
You might also enjoy: