Strawberry Margaritas are fruity, fresh, and perfect for summer! Made with tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and homemade strawberry simple syrup. This cocktail can be sipped on the rocks or frozen.
This Strawberry Margarita Recipe is refreshing for hot summer weather! It serves one, but you can double or quadruple the recipe … or just savor a cocktail all to yourself!
Make these for summertime parties, Cinco de Mayo, or mix ‘em up to cheers with friends on a Saturday night! You can drink them over ice or blended if you’re craving a frosty treat.
And don’t forget to line the rim with your choice of margarita salt or sugar!
This cocktail recipe is made with simple ingredients and completely from scratch – no storebought syrups here! You’ll love the fresh, fruity, and delicious flavors in this drink!
Alcohol: These have two different boozes to enhance the fruity taste: orange liqueur and of course, tequila! You can use triple sec, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier for the liqueur. And I recommend a white or silver tequila for this recipe.
Fruit: These drinks include an ounce of homemade Strawberry Simple Syrup and a generous squeeze of lime juice. It’s the perfect balance of sweet, citrusy, and tart flavors.
Garnishes: Run a lime wedge around the top of your glass then be sure to dip the rim of your cups in salt or sugar. Use fresh strawberries and lime wedges for garnish!
Expert Tip: If making this frozen, skip the ice and use frozen strawberries for an even more intense strawberry flavor! Use 1 cup of frozen strawberry per serving and blend until smooth!
How do you make Strawberry Margaritas from scratch?
With this super easy recipe! You’ll find the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below, but here are some step-by-step photos to guide you!
And in the spirit of making them from scratch, try making it with this Strawberry Simple Syrup Recipe. It adds an extra punch of juicy flavor if you’re craving a fresh Strawberry Margarita!
Begin by adding Tequila.
Then, add the orange liqueur.
Next, pour in the fresh-squeezed lime juice.
Add in the strawberry simple syrup.
Cover and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
Pour into sugar or salt rimmed classes filled halfway with ice. Short glasses work best or wide mouth mason jars are great too in the summer!
Expert Tip: Two drinks should fit in most standard cocktail shakers, so feel free to double the recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions:
The biggest difference is the alcohol: daiquiris are made with rum while margaritas have tequila! Try my Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe too – you won’t be sorry!
This one has 2.5 ounces of alcohol per drink, so it’s pretty boozy! But if you stick with one, it’ll be just enough to enjoy yourself without being over-the-top. 😉
You will need an orange liqueur, but it doesn’t have to be Triple Sec, you can use Cointreau or Grand Marnier instead.
I love this recipe because it can either be served on the rocks or frozen!
To give your drink a slushie-like consistency, simply put all the ingredients in a blender and add either a cup of ice or frozen strawberries! Blend until completely smooth, pour in sugar or salt-rimmed glasses, and serve.
I would increase the recipe by 8 and mix up ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to serve over ice.
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Easy Strawberry Dump Cake – This cobbler-like dessert is only 3 ingredients!
- Strawberry Jello Pie – Make this refreshing dessert with your fresh-picked strawberries.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp – A must-try for Apple Crisp fans!
- Spinach Strawberry Salad – Deliciously fresh and flavorful for a side or a light meal.
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe – A quick and easy take on a traditional treat!
Strawberry MargaritaPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
- 1½ ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur Triple Sec, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce Strawberry Simple Syrup click to get the recipe
- salt or sugar for rim optional
- strawberries for garnish, optional
- lime wedges for garnish, optional
- Dip rim of glass in water or run a lime wedge around the rim and then in either salt or sugar to coat and set aside.
- Add the tequila, liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds and pour into a glass filled halfway with ice.
- Garnish and serve.
- Two drinks should fit in most standard cocktail shakers, so feel free to double the recipe!
- If making this frozen, skip the ice and use frozen strawberries for an even more intense strawberry flavor! Use 1 cup of frozen strawberry per serving and blend until smooth!
- More strawberry syrup can be added if you prefer.
- Can be made in advance. Just shake and pour into an airtight container, enjoy within 3 days.
- Large Batch Recipe – Serves 8:
- 12 ounces tequila
- 8 ounces orange liqueur
- 8 ounces lime juice
- 8 ounces strawberry simple syrup