This Fresh Strawberry Jello Pie is made with fresh, ripe strawberries, jello, and a few other simple ingredients for a delicious and easy summertime dessert! Just 10 minutes to prep!
With summer on the horizon, is there anything that hits the spot quite like strawberry pie? Maybe a margarita. Maybe a strawberry margarita. Wait, how about a Strawberry Margarita Pie? Yeah, that will do it!
This Fresh Strawberry Margarita Pie is made with Altos Tequila. Altos is a crafted tequila that celebrates modern Mexican authenticity. It has been my go-to tequila for more than a year, it’s made from 100% Blue Agave, I love how smooth it is and at such an affordable price point, what’s not to love. And it’s a delightful addition to so much more than cocktails, I love using it in my cooking and baking as well.
Fresh Strawberry Pies are all the rage these days thanks to the copycat recipes inspired by Shoney’s restaurant. And while this pie uses very similar ingredients, it’s the Altos Tequila that truly sets this pie apart from the others and offers a unique flavor profile and age requirement 😉
Fresh strawberries are loaded into a delicious butter crust and then topped with an Altos tequila, sugar, and jello mix and is then allowed to set for at least a couple of hours. Then top it with whipped cream, or better yet, my Cream Cheese Whipped Cream, and then slice in and enjoy this warm weather treat!
This pie is made with just 6 ingredients and I love how easy it is to make. It’s a pretty impressive dessert to bring with you to all your summer gatherings and everyone will love the ripened strawberries, flaky butter crust and smooth Altos Tequila laced throughout. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, sprinkle the top of your pie with a touch of salt.
Strawberry Pie With Jello
- Bake pie crust according to the recipe or package instructions.
- Add strawberries to the baked pie crust and arrange in the crust as evenly as possible.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the Altos Tequila Plata, sugar, and corn starch and bring to a steady boil for about 2 minutes, then add in the jello mix and reduce the heat to medium, let simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Pour the mixture slowly over the strawberries, try to run the sauce over the tops of all the berries but the berries do not need to be submerged in the sauce. If the volume of berries and crust size does not allow all of the sauce mixture to fit without spilling over, only add what does fit and discard the rest.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours until jello has set. Remove and top with whipped cream. Serve cold or room temp.
- Do not use sugar-free or all natural jello mixes.