This Cream Cheese Whipped Cream is deliciously creamy and tangy topping for desserts, milkshakes, hot chocolate, and more! Made with just 4 ingredients and ready in 5 minutes!
Usually, you either love it or hate it. I personally like it with some things, but not with others. You won’t find me eating it on a bagel, but if you add it to buttercream and spread it on carrot cake, I’m there.
Cream cheese can be very rich, and therefore it’s not for everybody. But, just like carrot cake and pumpkin rolls, there’s something else that just can’t hold it’s own without the help of a little cream cheese.
Let’s be honest, it just tastes so much better with it. I know, I know, it’s just a red tinted chocolate cake and we don’t whine when there’s no cream cheese frosting on a chocolate cake, so why Red Velvet? I dunno, they just belong together, am I right?
There’s nothing more disappointing than grabbing a red velvet cupcake or whoopie pie just to find out it’s filled or topped with basic buttercream. It just doesn’t work.
So when I decided to make a Pink Velvet Hot Chocolate, just like red velvet, it needed a little cream cheese for the perfect finish. So behold the origin of this amazingly delicious and fluffy Cream Cheese Whipped Cream.
And yes, it’s perfectly okay to just eat it with a spoon.
This Cream Cheese Whipped Cream is seriously amazing and the perfect topping for desserts, hot chocolate, milkshakes, and more!
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream and vanilla on high speed until cream begins to thicken.
- Add sugar in while continuing to mix, beat on high until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the whipped cream cheese and beat on high for another minute until thick and smooth.