When happy hour rolls around, this Strawberry Simple Syrup is perfect for adding to your favorite fruity cocktails! Made with just 3 ingredients, it’s a mixed drink staple if you love strawberries.
Ready to become an instant mixologist? This Homemade Strawberry Syrup for cocktails will add fruity, delicious, and fresh, strawberry flavor to your favorite mixed drinks, iced tea, or lemonade!
What’s In It?
- Granulated Sugar: Essential for the flavor and consistency of this recipe.
- Water: The liquid element.
- Strawberries: These break down when boiled to add that yummy fresh flavor!
- Lemon Juice: This is an optional ingredient but it really brightens the strawberries!
Expert Tip: You can even get creative with Strawberry Syrup recipes by adding other flavors. Try a dash of vanilla for a warm twist or add fresh lemon, lime, or orange juice for a citrusy kick. Or try adding fresh basil for an herbal infusion.
How To Make It:
1. In a small or medium saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let the syrup simmer for about 20 minutes so the sugar is dissolved and the strawberries begin to break down.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely to room temperature before running the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
How To Serve Strawberry Simple Syrup:
However, this is not the same as a strawberry sauce so it’s not something you’ll want to pour over pancakes, waffles, French toast, or ice cream since it’s too thin for that.
However, if you love baking and you’re ever baking a strawberry cake, I highly recommend brush some of this over the top of the cake layers before frosting! It helps keep the cake moist and adds flavor!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Strawberry Simple Syrup?
Regular Simple Syrup consists of sugar and water, but this recipe has strawberries, too! The ingredients are boiled until they’re liquified, and when cooled and strained, they have a smooth, syrupy consistency.
This mixture is often used to add sweetness and flavor to cocktails (and other drinks). It’s easy to blend into warm or cold liquids since the sugar is already dissolved.
How long does Strawberry Simple Syrup last?
You can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
Can you freeze flavored Syrup?
Yes! Freeze Strawberry Cocktail Syrup in a plastic bag or container for up to a year.
More Fruity Drink Recipes:
- Roasted Strawberry Lemonade – A non-alcoholic drink that the whole family can enjoy!
- Copycat Starbucks Pink Drink – You’ll save a ton of money by making this refreshing copycat at home.
- Pineapple Daiquiri – A taste of the tropics, no matter where you are!
- Peach Summer Shandy – A light and refreshing beer cocktail.
- Rum Runner – A fruity punch for rum lovers.
Strawberry Simple SyrupPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Let the berries simmer until the sugar has dissolved and berries are tender – about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and let it cool completely.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer making sure to squeeze any excess juice from the strawberries. Transfer the syrup into a bottle or jar, using a funnel if needed.
- Store in an airtight bottle or jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- You can even get creative with Strawberry Syrup recipes by adding other flavors. Try a dash of vanilla for a warm twist or add fresh lemon, lime, or orange juice for a citrusy kick. Or basil for an herbal infusion.