This Strawberry Dump Cake Recipe will be your new go-to summer dessert! It’s made with three main ingredients that are “dumped” into a pan and baked. The result is a cobbler-like dessert that tastes delicious with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Strawberry Dump Cake is one of the simplest dessert recipes you’ll ever make! It consists of three main ingredients, plus cinnamon, sugar, and whatever garnishes you want.
This easy dessert can be baked in the oven or slow cooker. This is a great option if you want to keep the house cool on a hot day!
What’s In It?
- Canned Strawberry Pie Filling – Choose your favorite brand and save tons of prep time. You can also make your own if you’re feeling up for it!
- Cake Mix – White cake mix forms the golden-brown crust. You could also use vanilla or yellow cake or even chocolate!
- Butter – Make sure to use COLD butter pads! This gives the crust a pastry-like texture. However, some people like to melt the butter and pour it over the top of the cake.
- Cinnamon and Sugar – When baked, it forms a crunchy layer on top.
How Do You Make Strawberry Dump Cake?
This cake is so simple to make – you’re pretty much just going to dump everything into the baking dish in layers and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes!
- Filling – Just pour the cans right into the baking dish!
- Cake – Just sprinkle this on top of the filling, no need to pat it down after, you want the butter to be able to seep down through!
- Butter – I like to evenly slice and arrange mine on top, but you can melt it and then pour it on.
- Cinnamon Sugar – This is completely optional, but I like it this way!
How Do You Serve It?
Be sure to serve Strawberry Dump Cake in bowls and with spoons since it’s nice and gooey! Try serving this sweet treat with:
- (More) cinnamon & sugar – Feel free to sprinkle a little extra on top. Or, you can leave this out altogether if you don’t want this dessert to be too sweet.
- Fresh strawberries – If you have some fresh berries on hand, add a few slices on top as a garnish.
- Colored sprinkles – Try blue to make this patriotic for the Fourth of July!
- Vanilla ice cream – So refreshing on a hot day! Making my no-churn Vanilla Ice Cream recipe is also a fun activity!
- Whipped cream – Canned is good, but Homemade Whipped Cream is better!
Frequently Asked Questions
Glad you asked because the answer is YES! Just coat the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, then assemble the ingredients the same way you would in the baking dish. Bake on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Yes, it does. Just pop it back in the oven for about 10 minutes to nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds. You can also enjoy this dish at room temperature!
Absolutely – feel free to get creative with other pie filling and cake flavors – the possibilities are endless! Try my Blueberry Dump Cake too!
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes:
- Jello Pie – A refreshing treat that’s served chilled.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp – The perfect blend of sweet berries and tart rhubarb!
- Coffee Cake Muffins – These are topped with sugar crumble and loaded with juicy berries.
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake – The BEST version of a classic dessert!
- Strawberry Scones – Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up with coffee or tea.
Strawberry Dump CakePin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Strawberry Dump Cake
- 9×13-inch baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Dump the pie filling into the baking sheet and spread out to the edges.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the strawberry filling as evenly as possible.
- Slice the butter into thin slices and place evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the cake is golden brown.
- Serve warm or room temperature with ice cream and whipped cream.
- Slow Cooker Directions: Coat the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, then assemble the ingredients the same way you would in the baking dish. Bake on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- How To Reheat: Just pop it back in the oven for about 10 minutes to nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds. You can also enjoy this dish at room temperature!