This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Shaw’s Supermarket. All opinions are 100% mine.
Apple Donut Slices are round slices of apple covered in a maple cream cheese yogurt frosting and yummy toppings! They’re a light summer snack that’s fun to make … and much healthier than your average donut!
Apple Donut Slices are as fun as they sound — but don’t worry, they’re actually healthy!
This recipe is fun to make and eat, plus it’s light and refreshing for summer weather.
These treats may look as tempting as a frosted donut, but they’re actually a healthy fruit snack. Plus, decorating the “donuts” is a fun activity for the whole family!
And the best news? There’s no cooking or baking required!
My Hack For Saving Time & Money This Summer
Whatever you choose to use for your Apple Donut Slices, search for Shaw’s Supermarket exclusive private label brands. These are high-quality products at amazing prices, so feel free to stock up (like I do!).
The other reason I love shopping at Shaw’s in Maine? Their Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ services!
Since I’m a mom, it’s way more convenient for me to use Shaws’ DriveUp & Go service, where I pre-order my groceries and pick them up. You don’t even have to leave the car!
This means more time playing outside … and less time shopping for me!
My favorite time to do this is on the way to the beach. I bring an empty cooler, make a quick stop at Shaw’s, then head right to the coast with everyone’s favorite snacks and drinks!
You can also find these products exclusively at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Tom Thumb and Vons.
The mix of delicious apples and tangy cream cheese with a hint of sweetness makes for the perfect summertime treat!
This recipe is made with just 4 main ingredients, but you can add toppings for even more flavor! This healthy recipe is made with ingredients with natural sugars, but they’re so tasty your kids will still love them!
- Sliced apples: Any kind you want! My favorites are Signature Farms® Honeycrisp Apples, they’re always super crunchy and fresh!
- Frosting: The cool and creamy frosting is made with tangy Lucerne® Cream Cheese and Open Nature® Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt. (Shh, don’t tell your kids it’s actually healthy!). I also add a dash of Signature RESERVE™ Vanilla Infused Maple Syrup for a touch of natural sweetness. For even more fun, divide the frosting into separate bowls and add a few drops of food coloring. Then, get creative with the decorating!
- Toppings: Anything you like! Try chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, toffee bits, sprinkles, caramel drizzle, and cinnamon and sugar. If you want to keep things light– why not surprise your kids with a little toy while you’re at it? Imagine how much fun they’ll have playing with their new trinket while enjoying their (healthy) Apple Donut treat! Coconut shavings, berries, and nuts make yummy toppings, too! I always use Open Nature Honey Roasted Peanuts & Mixed Nuts for some tasty crunch!
How To Make Them:
Slice your apples into round slices about 1/8 – 1/4-inch thick. Use a round piping tip to core the apples and make them look like donuts.
Prepare the frosting by mixing the ingredients together in a small bowl. If you’re making different colors of frosting, divide the frosting into prep bowl and use food coloring to reach the desired color. Frost your donuts and top with your preferred toppings.
Enjoy these Apple Donut Slices immediately after making for best taste and consistency!
Kid-Friendly Shaw’s Perks: Disney Best Buddies Micropopz Collectible Figurines
Another kid-friendly reason to shop at Shaw’s? You can earn Disney Best Buddies Micropopz Figurines with your grocery purchases!
For every $30 spent, you’ll receive one of these collectible figurines featuring your favorite Disney characters for FREE.
You’re going to get groceries anyway, might as well get something fun for the kiddos while you’re at it! I also picked up the collectors box to put them in and you can purchase additional Figurines from the store display!
More Kid Friendly Recipes!
Apple Donut SlicesPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! I’ve also created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join in! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Apple Donut Slices
- 8 apples1
- 8 ounce whipped cream cheese2
- ¼ cup greek yogurt3
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup4
- sprinkles optional
- chopped nuts optional
- toffee bits optional
- Slice the apples into rounds, discarding the tops and bottoms. Use the wide end of a round piping tip to remove the cores of the apple slices.
- Mix together the whipped cream cheese, yogurt, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Spread the frosting on the apple slices. If you're making multiple colors, divide between bowls and use food coloring to get your desired colors.
- Top with sprinkles, chopping nuts, toffee bits, or whatever else you can think of or leave them plain. consume immediately.
- I like using Honeycrisp apples, but Granny Smith apples are another great choice!
- Feel free to use a flavored whipped cream cheese, like strawberry! You can also use a regular brick of cream cheese but you’ll need to let it soften to room temperature before mixing.
- I prefer vanilla yogurt for this recipe, but you can choose any flavor you want or you can use plain to cut down on sugar!
- Feel free to cut the maple syrup in half if you really want the cream cheese flavor to shine!