These 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the BEST! You’ll love how moist and fluffy they are and so easy to make too! The first batch is ready in just 20 minutes!
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so easy to make and you won’t be able to resist eating them all!
1 Box Spice Cake Mix + 15 oz. Canned Pumpkin = Cookies = Old news
We’ve probably all made that recipe or at least tried one of those 2-ingredient pumpkins cookies (3 if you add chocolate chips, and c’mon, who wouldn’t).
Here’s the thing, just because something has two ingredients and it’s easy doesn’t mean it’s good. I’ve had those cookies, hell, I’ve probably made them a dozen times when I’m in a hurry for a family get together. But I don’t like them.
I LOVE Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, but that recipe is lacking. It’s lacking one extra ingredient that makes all the difference in the world: Oil!
A 1/2 cup of vegetable oil takes that super easy recipe from rubbery-okayness to “OMFG-these-are-good” status! Plus, the extra ingredient doesn’t make it any more difficult.
Why add oil To Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, you ask?
Oil is needed to make your cookies that light and fluffy, but still chewy! Don’t submit them to a dry, dense death. They deserve better than that and so do you!
What You Need To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Pumpkin Puree: You want to make sure you’re using 100% pumpkin and NOT pumpkin pie filling. All your spice will come from the cake mix. I like purchasing this 12-pack of puree on Amazon because it makes the pumpkin mess than $2.00 per can, and if you’re a pumpkin fanatic, you’ll surely find plenty of ways to use the rest of it!
- Spice Cake Mix: This is where a lot of your flavor if going to come from. I know some people use yellow cake mix in similar recipes, but why would you give up that spice? So If you do use yellow cake mix, make sure to add 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice for the extra pumpkin flavor!
- Vegetable Oil: As I mentioned before, this is the key to getting absolutely delicious pumpkin chocolate chips cookies! Don’t leave it out!
- Chocolate Chips: you can use whatever size chocolate chips you’d like, I personally like mini ones for this recipe since I make the cookies a little on the small side and I like that the chocolate is more evenly distributed throughout each cookie with the minis.
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat, set the baking sheet aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the pumpkin, cake mix, oil, and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips on medium speed until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Then, using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out down and place on parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Finally, bake for 10 to 12 minutes and remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Repeat until batter is gone.
Once you try this recipe, you’ll never go back. These are probably THE BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies I’ve EVER had! Scratch that, they most definitely ARE!
Anyways, I know it’s still August and I’m already shoving Pumpkin and Supernatural Books down your throats, but I promise these cookies make it all worth it. Just take a batch to the beach if it makes you feel better!
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Pumpkin Scones
- Vanilla Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Best Pumpkin Bread
Pin this Pumpkin Cookie Recipe for Later!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can ask questions and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
4 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium speed until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture and place on parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the tops just begin to crack.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Some people use yellow cake mix in similar recipes, but why would you give up that spice? So If you do use yellow cake mix, make sure to add 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice for the extra pumpkin flavor!