These 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the BEST! You’ll love how moist and fluffy they are and so easy to make too! The first batch is ready in just 20 minutes!
These Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so easy to make, and you won’t be able to resist eating them all!
1 Box Spice Cake Mix + 15 oz. Canned Pumpkin = Cookies = Old news
We’ve probably all made that recipe or at least tried one of those 2-ingredient pumpkin cookies (3 if you add chocolate chips, and c’mon, who wouldn’t).
Here’s the thing, just because something has two ingredients and it’s easy doesn’t mean it’s good. I’ve had those cookies. I’ve probably made them half a dozen times when I’m in a hurry for a family get-together. But I don’t like them. So I’ve set out to make them even BETTER!
Made these tonight. I give them a “thumbs up”. I made 1/2 the recipe with chocolate chips, as you suggest. The other 1/2 of the recipe I used butterscotch chips. Both ways are yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I LOVE Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, but that original cake mix recipe is lacking. It’s lacking one extra ingredient that makes all the difference in the world: OIL!
Why Add Oil To Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, You Ask?
Oil is needed to make your cookies light and fluffy but still chewy! Don’t submit them to a dry, dense texture. They deserve better than that, and so do you!
A 1/2 cup of vegetable oil takes that super easy recipe from rubbery-okayness to “OMFG-these-are-good” status! Plus, the extra ingredient doesn’t make it any more difficult.
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- Pumpkin Puree: For this recipe, you’ll want to use 100% pumpkin and NOT pumpkin pie filling. All your spice will come from the cake mix. I like purchasing this 12-pack of puree on Amazon because it makes the pumpkin as low as $3.00 per can, and if you’re a pumpkin fanatic, you’ll surely find plenty of ways to use the rest of it!
- Spice Cake Mix: This is where a lot of your flavor is going to come from. I know some people use yellow cake mix in similar recipes, but why would you give up that spice? So If you do use a yellow cake mix, make sure to add 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice for the extra pumpkin flavor!
- Vegetable Oil: As I mentioned before, this is the key to getting absolutely delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Don’t leave it out!
- Chocolate Chips: You can use whatever size of chocolate chips you’d like. I personally like mini ones for this recipe since I make the cookies a little on the small side, and I like that the chocolate is more evenly distributed throughout each cookie with the minis.
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper and setting the baking sheet aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the pumpkin, cake mix, oil, and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips on medium speed until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Then, using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out down and place on parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Finally, bake for 10 to 12 minutes and remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. Repeat until the batter is gone.
Once you try this recipe, you’ll never go back. These are probably THE BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies I’ve EVER had! Scratch that – they most definitely ARE!
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies FAQs
These are really tender cookies and are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature. For best results, I recommend storing them in a single layer with parchment between each layer to prevent them from sticking together.
You can, but it’s important to note that because these are moist cookies to begin with, they will not be as enjoyable thawed as they were fresh.
Absolutely! Without chocolate chips, these are still soft and delicious pumpkin cookies! You could even make sandwich cookies or Whoopie Pies by adding cream cheese frosting between two cookies!
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Pumpkin Scones
- Vanilla Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Best Pumpkin Bread
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
This post was originally published in August 2015 and was updated in October 2021 with fresh photos and recipe tips!
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium speed until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture and place on parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the tops just begin to crack.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Some people use yellow cake mix in similar recipes, but why would you give up that spice? So If you do use a yellow cake mix, make sure to add 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice for the extra pumpkin flavor!
- Any brand of spice cake mix should work as long as it’s between 15 and 16 ounces in size.
- These have not been tested with gluten-free cake mix.