These Pumpkin Muffins are loaded with chocolate chips and spices for a fall breakfast, treat, or snack the whole family will love!
Pumpkin bread is a nostalgic staple this time of year, and everyone should have a go-to recipe to pull out when the leaves start to change.
While this classic treat will never go out of style, it’s always fun to try different variations of a favorite. That’s why I love Pumpkin Muffins, which are like pumpkin bread in muffin form!
Pumpkin Muffins are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack this season. Made with pureed pumpkin, fall spices, and of course, we had to add chocolate chips!
These muffins are dense, moist, and filled with everyone’s favorite fall flavors. You’ll enjoy savoring each bite on those cool, crisp mornings while you’re keeping cozy with a hot drink.
If you’re a fan of the Starbucks pumpkin bread, you have to try this recipe, which is like a more portable, homemade version.
And while the coffee chain only serves it during certain times of the year, you can make these muffins whenever you want.
You’ll save yourself a fortune by skipping the drive-thru, plus these pumpkin muffins have an added bonus: chocolate chips!
In my opinion, the best way to eat these is by popping these in the microwave until the chocolate is slightly melted and gooey.
They make waking up a little easier while you enjoy them with a steaming mug of coffee, tea, or even hot apple cider. Pumpkin Muffins may be just the boost you need before heading to work, or for a little pick-me-up in the afternoon.
Kids can’t get enough of these muffins, either! If you have a hard time getting your crew to eat breakfast, these pumpkin muffins are a great option. Whether you have little ones or teens, they’ll love the sweet pumpkin flavor and bits of chocolate chips.
They’re easy to pack on those days when everyone is running late and can barely get out the door! They also make a great after-school snack and paired with a glass of milk or hot chocolate, they’ll tide hungry bellies over until dinner.
You can’t let the short, beautiful autumn season pass by without getting your fill of seasonal flavor, and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins fit the bill. A twist on classic favorite flavors, you’ll find any excuse to eat these muffins, morning and night.
What You’ll Need to Make These Pumpkin Muffins:
- Muffin Pan – The recipe instructions are based on a standard muffin pan, for any other sizes, you should fill the batter 3/4 of the way full and adjust bake time accordingly.
- Muffin Liners – I prefer to cook my muffins in liners rather than directly in the pan, these are my favorite ones to use!
- Pumpkin Puree – You’ll want to use 100% pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. I prefer the Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin brand and it’s much cheaper on Amazon than at the grocery store.
- Spices – What makes this bread so great is all the spices, I know that those can rack up the grocery bill rather quickly, but have found that they’re much cheaper on Amazon. If you don’t want to buy a ton of different spices, feel free to swap whichever ones you don’t have on hand out for an equal amount of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Chocolate Chips – You can definitely make these muffins without them, but why would you when they make them so good!
More Delicious Muffin Recipes!
- Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins
- Caramel Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins
- Coconut Almond Muffins
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, milk, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.(Optional) Fold in chocolate chips
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter to each liner in the muffins pan and bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from the center. Repeat twice more to finish the batter.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Comments & Reviews
Brought these to a party and have never gotten better feedback from everyone about a baked good! So many people came up to me to tell me how amazing these muffins were. So easy and so delicious these won’t disappoint—make these!!
Have never had anything like this, but they look great. Thanks!
Rebecca Hubbell says
Wendy Baldwin says
I am looking for your original blueberry muffin recipe with nutmeg. I keep getting the one with the crumb topping. I really liked the other one! Wish I had written it down! Is there a way for me to get my favorite recipe? Thanks!
Rebecca Hubbell says
Just emailed you, Wendy!
Albert Bevia says
These pumpkin muffins sound so yummy! luckily my supermarket carries pumpkin puree all-year round, so I´m going to give these a try, even if its January, I can eat fall flavors all year round 🙂
Rebecca Hubbell says
No one says you can’t have pumpkin year round! Enjoy!
Mrs Major Hoff says
My son LOVES these, mainly because of the chocolate chips. HA! Love a good pumpkin recipe in the fall!
aimee @ like mother like daughter says
Oh my goodness, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are my very favorite fall treat and I love how many chocolate chips these are stuffed with!