This Apple Cider Pulled Chicken is Weight Watchers approved and so easy to make! You can turn it into sandwiches, tacos, sliders, or serve it over rice!
Apple Cider Pulled Chicken
This Pulled Chicken recipe is going to be an instant favorite, one that you’ll make again and again and never have to feel bad about!
How many of you can relate to the frustration of losing a few pounds when healthy feels hard and there’s a new Oreo flavor on the shelves that you just have to try?
Yeah, I didn’t think I was alone. I swear fall is the hardest time of year to keep the weight off, everything is just so damn buttery, and sugary, and delicious. But it’s all about balance right? I mean, that’s the primary reason I do Weight Watchers.
I love this pulled chicken for easy weeknights. I can usually make it one night and enjoy it for two or three nights!
I love using it to make pulled chicken sandwiches because I find that I don’t even need any additional sauce and low-calorie rolls and veggie slaw makes each sandwich just 4 Smart Points!
That means I can indulge in some of this Oreos or my Weight Watchers Vanilla Latte Mousse Shooters for dessert!
The flavor of this Weight Watchers chicken recipe is amazing! The chicken breasts are slow cooked with freshly chopped apples, sliced onions, mustard, apple cider, herbs, salt, and cider vinegar for a tantalizing mix of pure tastiness!
It’s hard to believe something that tastes this good has such a low point value! I have found the lowest point rolls at my local Shaws/Albertsons!
Pin this Pulled Chicken Recipe for Later!
See how to make this pulled chicken in the video below!
Weight Watchers Pulled Chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 12 reduced calories hamburger rolls
- Place chopped apples and sliced onion in a 4 or 5-quart slow cooker, place the chicken on top of the apples and onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cider, mustard, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours or under chicken is cooked through.
- When chicken is close to being done, in a separate bowl, mix together the cabbage, carrots, and 2 teaspoons of vinegar and set aside.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken in the slow cooker, add the remaining vinegar, and spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto the bottom of each rolls and top with 2 tablespoons of slaw.
- Each sandwich has a SmartPoints Value of 4.
- Please note that nutrition information is not 100% and may vary based on brands used.