This Spiced Pumpkin Bread Recipe is loaded with amazing spices and chopped walnuts, it’s the perfect quick bread for fall!
The Starbucks Pumpkin Bread was one of those things that I looked forward to every year when I worked there in college. Nothing could beat that delicious and soft bread and a cup of French press coffee.
I had never had pumpkin bread before working there, I know, such a shame, right? But after I’d had it once, I NEEDED a recipe, because paying $3.00 a slice would break a girl every fall 😉
Spiced Pumpkin Bread
PIN IT TO YOUR RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW SUGAR & SOUL ON PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
I came across the Downeast Main Pumpkin Bread recipe years ago, I’ve made it several times and I’ve finally perfected it. You see, the original recipe called for water, well, I make mine with whole milk. I also add vanilla extract and walnuts, although, those are completely optional and can be left out if desired. And then I drizzle melted butter over the tops of each loaf before baking.
It’s different than the Starbucks Pumpkin Bread, but just as good and maybe even better, especially if you like nuts! But if you want something closer to the Starbucks version, just leave out the walnuts and top the loaves with pepitas before baking. This bread is so delicious and I love that it makes more than one loaf, one to enjoy and one to give away!
Check out these other delicious pumpkin recipes!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Vanilla Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin No Bake Cookies
- Pumpkin Crumble Cake
What you’ll need for this Spiced Pumpkin Bread Recipe:
- Two loaf pans – I recommend using 5×9-inch pans for best results, you’ll need to adjust baking times accordingly for different sizes. You can buy a two-pack on Amazon for a great price!
- Pumpkin Puree – You’ll want to use 100% pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. I prefer the Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin brand and it’s much cheaper on Amazon than at the grocery store.
- Walnuts – Okay, so you don’t need them, but I personally think you NEED them! I’m a huge fan of walnuts in banana bread and this pumpkin bread is no different, I love the added crunch! Use chopped walnuts for best results.
- Spices – What makes this bread so great is all the spices, I know that those can rack up the grocery bill rather quickly, but have found that they’re much cheaper on Amazon. If you don’t want to buy a ton of different spices, feel free to swap whichever ones you don’t have on hand out for an equal amount of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
This Spiced Pumpkin Bread Recipe is loaded with amazing spices and chopped walnuts, it's the perfect quick bread for fall!
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cup chopped walnuts optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 5x9-inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, milk, and sugar.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
(Optional) Fold in 2 cups of nuts to the batter, less if you don't want it to be really nutty.
Pour batter evenly into the two loaf pans and top the loaves evenly with the remaining nuts, if desired. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until a cake tester comes clean from center.