Burger Bowls are loaded with ground beef, vegetables, and cheese and topped with a flavorful special sauce drizzled over the top! This lighter dinner option completely satisfies that hearty burger craving while simultaneously shaving some of the carbs off!
If you’re more interested in skipping the lighter version and heading straight to the full burger experience I totally understand! My Classic Patty Melt and Meat Lovers Cheese Burger still have you covered for dinner tonight!
These Cheeseburger Bowls still allow you to have your burger the way you like it using the toppings you love! Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, shredded cheese, crumbles of bacon and even jalapenos would top this bowl off perfectly!
The ground beef is packed with seasonings you likely have in the pantry while the sauce consists of commonly used condiments! Dinner that hits the table in 25 minutes that’s full of fresh vegetables, flavorful ground beef, and a mouthwatering sauce? Sign me up!
Burger Bowl Ingredients
For the bowls, you’ll need bacon, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, red onions, and shredded cheddar cheese. Spices such as salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder are used to season the beef.
This sauce is so delicious and easy to make, you’ll likely whip this up when having regular burgers as well! The sauce comes together quickly using mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle, relish, and yellow mustard.
My Burger Sauce would also make a great addition to these Burger Bowls! A similar sauce to this recipe but has more spices and flavor. Ranch Dressing or another creamy dressing would also be a great choice.
How To Make Burger Bowls
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp then remove it from the pan leaving the grease. Add the ground beef and spices into the bacon grease pan, cooking until it turns a dark brown color.
- Mix mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, and mustard together until smooth. Add in more of either ingredient to get your preferred taste.
- Assemble burger bowls by placing lettuce in the serving bowl and then adding beef, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles. Top with shredded cheese and drizzle with sauce.
Each serving of these Burger Bowls only has 11 net carbs and 41 grams of protein! Since tomatoes are keto-friendly, just make sure to use keto-friendly pickles and condiment options if you’re enjoying this as part of a keto diet.
This low carb burger bowl recipe would make a great option for meal prepping for the week ahead! Just store the beef, sauce, and vegetables separately to prevent the vegetables from getting soggy.
How To Store
The ground beef will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. The sauce will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Assemble just before enjoying.
You can substitute ground beef for ground turkey or chicken. Just keep in mind that it will alter the final taste of this recipe! You can also omit the bacon, if desired, to save on calories.
Ground beef is such a versatile meat to create quick and easy dinners with! Here are a few more recipes my family loves to enjoy!
- Best Ever Meatloaf – Made with ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar sauce to deliver sweet and savory flavors!
- Sloppy Joes – A homemade version of this family favorite ready in 30 minutes!
- American Chop Suey – Comfort food that tastes just as great as leftovers!
- Crockpot Meat Balls – Perfect for serving over spaghetti or even spaghetti squash!
- Tater Tot Hotdish – Creamy beef with a veggie filling topped with crispy tater tots and cheddar cheese.
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
- 6 slices bacon chopped into small pieces
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 head of butter lettuce or sliced romaine lettuce
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- ½ red onion sliced into rings
- 1 cup sliced pickles
- shredded cheddar cheese optional topping
- Add the bacon to a large pan and cook over medium heat until crisp.
- Spoon the bacon out onto a separate plate but leave the bacon grease in the pan and add the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder.
- Stir and cook until the beef turns a dark brown color then strain out the excess grease from the pan and discard.
- Layer the lettuce in the bowl, then add some of the ground beef, bacon, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and cheese if using.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, and mustard together until smooth. Taste and add more relish, ketchup, or mustard as desired.
- Drizzle the sauce over the burger bowls and serve.
- The ground beef can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- ground turkey or chicken may be used in place of beef.
- Bacon may be omitted.