This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Meat Lovers Cheeseburger is loaded up with a cheeseburger, pulled pork, bacon and a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce!
Last year on May 6th, I headed off to Europe for the first time. The past year has been filled with travel and I wouldn’t have it any other way. As I wrap up this year in travel and get ready to hit the ground running on the next one in Iceland next week, I can’t help but think about all the amazing things I’ve gotten to experience. From places to people to food, I feel so fortunate to have been able to take so much in.
One of the most memorable meals from last year’s travels was at The Huxley in Edinburgh where we had a Piggy Burger. It was CRAZY good! A cheeseburger topped with pulled pork topped with bacon and then finished off with an unbelievable sweet and tangy sauce. They no longer serve this burger, which is a real shame because it was incredible, they now serve on called the Notorious P.I.G. where they replaced the cheeseburger for chorizo. And since we couldn’t exactly just fly off to Scotland whenever we had a hankering for this meat lovers cheeseburger, we decided to recreate it at home and name it just that!
The hard part was nailing down the sauce, but guys, I think we’ve finally found it! KC Masterpiece has these new BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub kits which are totally awesome. Why are they awesome, because you can customize your sauce in about a million different ways, now we’re talking! We wanted to try and get that sweet and tangy sauce, so we chose the Sweet Honey kit and mixed ours with lemonade, raw apple cider vinegar, and a bit of honey.
We used the packet of dry rub on the pulled pork which we cooked on low, overnight in the crockpot. We didn’t use all of the pulled pork on the burgers, so we’ve been enjoyed pulled pork quesadillas and nachos, and I might even make this pulled pork hash this weekend! The sweet and tangy sauce was just the thing for this burger, but I’m excited to try the other two flavor kits and might just have to try every possible combination from orange juice to bourbon!
Now I don’t know about you guys, but with three layers of meat, delicious sauce, and a bit of cheese for good measure, this thing is going on the summer menu! I mean, that’s what barbecue is all about right? Food, summer, and fun!
- 1 packet KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub Sweet Honey
- ½ cup lemonade
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lb 85% ground beef, seasoned to preference
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pulled pork, leftover or freshly made
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 brioche or hamburger buns, toasted
- Wisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside to thicken.
- Cook the bacon as desired.
- Form ground beef into two ½ lb patties, you can make 3 or 4 smaller patties if you'd like. Add butter to a medium skillet and melt over medium heat. Add patties to the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until the internal temperature is 165 F. In the last minute of cooking, add a slice of cheese to the top of each burger to melt. I usually toast my buns in the last few minutes of cooking too.
- Warm up the pulled pork.
- Spoon some of the prepared sauce onto the bottom of the bun, place burger on top of sauce, add half the pulled pork, then top with another spoonful of sauce, then add the bacon and top with the bun.