This Spiked Coconut Vanilla Steamer is one of the coziest winter cocktails you’ll ever have!
It’s been snowing here the last few days and I continuously find myself shivering because we still haven’t reprogrammed our thermostat to account for me being home during the day. I’m usually so consumed in my work that I forget to turn the heat up until my blue lips remind me… okay, I’m being a little extreme, it doesn’t get below 60 degrees.
But it’s still cold and the howling wind doesn’t help things, but winter cocktails sure do! This one, in particular, has all kinds of warmth to it from the vanilla bean simmered in frothy hot milk laced with coconut to the spiced rum it’s spiked with! And I just love using my new frother, this thing is only $6.99 and it’s awesome!
Seriously, though, you won’t be sure if you’re snuggled up by the fire or if you’re soaking up the sun in the Caribbean. Okay, well, one of those is a litter more likely and in all reality, if you’re like me, you’re probably huddled over the furnace vent with a blanket wrapped over you. Either way, I think you will thoroughly enjoy this cocktail!
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of spiced rum to each of two mugs.
- Add milk, coconut milk, and coconut extract to a small pot.
- Slice vanilla bean lengthwise, scrape the paste out of the bean and add both paste and bean to the milk, bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove the vanilla bean.
- Use a frother to froth the milk for 1 minute, evenly pour milk mixture into the mugs, holding back the foam with a spoon and then spoofing it onto the top of the liquid.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and serve immediately.
I use this frother, but you don't have one, you can just use the milk without frothing it, it's just not as fun 😉
You might also enjoy: