This post brought to you by Santa Margherita USA. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Sugar & Soul.
This 5-Ingredient No Bake Milk Chocolate Tart is both simple and decadent!
Now that my travels have picked up for the year, it’s meant less time at home and an even crazier work schedule when I am. This means that my marriage tends to take a bit of a back burner during these months. When my life is crazy, which is all the time, my husband is the one who’s always there to pick up the pieces and it means more than he could ever know. But as someone who’s fairly emotional, I have a hard time showing my gratitude.
So I’ve decided that I want to start making more of an effort to hold up my end of this deal. While my husband tends to take care of the essentials like picking up the house and taking out the trash, I want to make time for us to focus on our marriage and each other. So rather than grab take out, which we do all too often, or have Matt cook (all the nights we don’t get take out), I want to take care of him.
And I figure what better way than with a cozy dinner followed by a simple dessert and accompanied by a bottle of Santa Margherita USA Pinot Grigio. There’s nothing quite like a full belly and a full bottle to get those memories going and remind us why we’re here in the first place: each other.
After 10 1/2 years together, it’s easy to forget each other amongst the hustle and bustle of our 21st-century lives. But I’m a firm believer that there’s nothing a little effort, a lot of chocolate, and a glass of wine can’t fix. Not that anything is broken, but it’s important to make time for nights like this before it is. Matt often tells me my desserts are a little over the top, so I wanted to make something that was super simple: 5 ingredients and no bake! As well as something that was classic and sophisticated and screamed date-night.
This tart was just the thing! A simple Matt often tells me my desserts are a little over the top, so I wanted to make something that was super simple: 5 ingredients and no bake! As well as something that was classic and sophisticated and screamed date-night. This tart was just the thing! A simple graham cracker crust filled with a rich milk chocolate ganache and topped with whipped cream. The only ingredients in this decadent little dessert are graham crackers, sugar, butter, chocolate, and heavy cream. That’s it!
I chose the Santa Margherita USA Pinot Grigio for several reasons:
- Matt prefers milk chocolate to dark or white and the Pinot Grigio pairs beautifully with it.
- It pairs well with both sweet and savory dishes, which means it transitions flawlessly from dinner to dessert.
- It’s a traditional wine that’s proud to be a classic Italian wine brand grounded in every elegance.
- Santa Margherita is a premium, high-quality wine brand that lives up to what your life is about – enjoying it to the fullest.
- It’s a smooth wine that’s best enjoyed with those you love.
Follow Santa Margherita USA Pinot Grigio on Twitter @SMWinesUSA and Instagram @SantaMargheritaUSA.
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- Add graham cracker sheets to a blender or food processor and blend until fine crumbs form. Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl, add in the melted butter and the sugar and stir until evenly moistened.
- Transfer crust mixture to a 10-inch tart pan or springform pan and press crumbs evenly into the bottoms and up the sides.
- Add chocolate chips and sugar to a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the heavy cream to a simmer then pour it over the chocolate chips and let set for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After the time is up, whisk until a rich chocolate develops and pour into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, whip heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy and pipe onto the tart, sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles if desired. Serve chilled.