Looking for the perfect chocolate filling, topping, and more for your favorite desserts? This Chocolate Ganache recipe is just the thing!
Learn how to make this easy ganache recipe with just 2 ingredients – heavy cream and bittersweet dark chocolate – and 10 minutes with this step by step guide!
Chocolate Ganache is the perfect filling and topping for cakes, cupcakes, cookie sandwiches and more! The best part is that it’s super simple to make and can take a basic recipe and make it indulgent and fancy!
What Is It?
It is a classic French dessert recipe component that can be used as icing, filling, and frosting for baked goods.
Unlike a traditional Chocolate Frosting, it contains no added sugar but is still very rich. It’s great for topping chocolate cakes and
What’s It Made With?
Chocolate: This is an obvious ingredient, but it’s important that you use high-quality chocolate. I prefer to use Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate in most of my recipes. But Baker’s Bittersweet is a great option too!
Heavy Cream: For best results make sure to use a full-fat heavy cream. Half & Half or light cream just won’t do. However, heavy whipping cream is okay to use. And you can even use Cool Whip as seen in my Cool Whip Ganache.
How To Make It
Chop Chocolate: Make sure to use a large sharp knife to cut the chocolate bars into fine pieces. Place the chocolate in a medium bowl.
Heat Cream: Heat the cream in a small saucepan just until simmering. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate.
Let Set: Allow the chocolate and cream to sit for 4 minutes. The hot cream will begin to melt the chocolate.
Whisk: After the 4 minutes have passed, whisk together the chocolate and heavy cream until a rich chocolate ganache forms.
How To Serve:
If you want to make Truffles or a Chocolate Tart, use a ratio of 2:1 Chocolate to Cream, for a thicker consistency.
Chances are this ganache won’t last long once it’s made, but should you have some leftover or want to make it ahead of time, here’s how long it should last. Just note that it will not be spreadable after an hour or two.
- Room Temperature: 2 Days
- Refrigerator: 4 weeks
Recipes To Make With Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate GanachePin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate1 finely chopped
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- Chop the chocolate into fine pieces and place in a medium metal or glass bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and pour over the top of the chocolate in the bowl. Allow It to sit for 4 minutes before mixing.
- After the 4 minutes have passed, whisk together the cream and chocolate until a rich chocolate ganache forms.
- Use right away or allow it to cool to desired consistency.
- Increase the chocolate to 16 ounces for a thicker consistency if using it to make truffles or a tart.
- Do not use light cream or half & half.
- Shelf Life:
- Room Temperature: 2 days
- Refrigerator: 4 weeks
- Nutritional information is per cup of ganache, this recipe yields around 2 cups total.