Rice Krispie Treats are loaded with salty butter, sweet marshmallow, warm vanilla, and crunchy cereal, no one will be able to resist this easy and delicious no-bake dessert that’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
Rice Krispie Treats
I pretty much grew up on Rice Krispie Treats, they’re a classic recipe and my Nana made them for us as after school treats when we were little and I have loved them ever since.
I mean, how could you not love that blend of salty butter, creamy and sweet marshmallow, warm vanilla, and crispy cereal. Plus, the best part is that they’re no-bake and SUPER easy they are to make.
My Nana always made them from the recipe on the back of the cereal box, and I’m sure you’ve all made that very recipe at least once in your life, BUT… there’s a better way and this is it!
Seriously though, these Rice Krispie Treats are AMAZE-balls! Because we balance the ratios of butter to marshmallow to cereal and we’re left with an ooey-gooey marshmallowy treat that adults and kids alike will LOVE!
How To Make Rice Krispie Treats:
This no-bake dessert recipe requires minimal ingredients, tools, effort, and time, making it one of the easiest things you’ll ever make!
1. You’ll begin by lining a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, and will then set it aside so it’s ready when the treat mixture is done. It’s important to do this beforehand because the mixture will cool down fast and become less forgiving as it does.
2. Next, you’ll melt the butter in a large pot, I recommend a 6-quart pot as the smallest you should use for this recipe so you can easily mix everything together without worrying about overflow.
3. Once the butter has melted, add in 8 cups of the mini marshmallows and stir continuously with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the marshmallows have completely melted.
4. Quickly add in the cereal, vanilla, and the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and stir the mixture until the cereal is evenly coated with sticky marshmallow.
5. Finally, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spray your hands with non-stick spray and gently press the mixture into the pan. Allow the treats to cool for about 20 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing into 24 pieces.
Tips for Making the Best Rice Krispies Treats:
1. Coat your Hands with Non-Stick Spray: This helps prevent your fingers from sticking to the treat mixture and makes it easier to handle when pressing it into the pan.
2. Don’t Press Too Hard: You want your treats to be firm, but still chewy. Pressing too hard on the mixture when you put it in the pan will cause treats to become tough.
3. Pick Your Butter: Normally will sweet treats you use unsalted butter, but when it comes to Rice Krispie Treats, I prefer to use salted, because half the deliciousness is from the salty buttery taste. However, you can use unsalted and add salt as needed or sprinkle the treats with sea salt just before serving.
4. Add Vanilla: This isn’t an overly common ingredient in Rice Krispies Treats, but it should be because it amplifies the flavor of the marshmallows and makes them taste that much better!
5. Reserve Some Marshmallows: I don’t like to melt all of my marshmallows into the mixture, I always reserve 2 cups to go in with the cereal because this leaves little pockets of marshmallow goodness throughout the treats. You can add in a couple more cups if you really want to load these babies up with marshmallows!
6. Slice Just Before Serving: To ensure that your treats to get dried out or crispy around the edges, slice them just before serving!
This recipe will yield about 24 deliciously chewy treats and I highly recommend them for parties because they’re a comforting classic that everyone knows and loves! You can even add in some sprinkles to make that seem a little more upscale 😉
So, are you ready to make this recipe? I’ve walked you through all the steps and I would hope by now you’re thoroughly convinced that these delicious Rice Krispie Treats need to be in your belly STAT!
I promise you won’t regret it!
Pin this Rice Krispies Treats Recipe for Later!
More Delicious No Bake Recipes:
Rice Krispies Treats
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, once the butter has melted, add in 8 cups of the marshmallows and stir continuously with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the marshmallows have melted.
- Add in the cereal, vanilla, and the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, spray your hands with non-stick spray and gently press the mixture into the pan, don't press down too hard or you'll end up with hard treats.
- Allow the treats to cool for about 20 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing into 24 pieces.