This Blueberry Dump Cake is an easy 3 ingredient dessert recipe that the whole family will enjoy! it’s similar to a cobbler and perfect when topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
This Blueberry Dump Cake recipe is definitely one you’re going to want to hold onto! Dump cans are the best because you pretty much just dump everything into a dish and bake! Plus they usually don’t require more than a handful of ingredients.
What’s In It?
This delicious dessert recipe is made with blueberry pie filling, boxed cake mix, and salted butter! You could use a homemade filling recipe, if you’d like, or simply just grab a couple of cans at the grocery store!
I used a French Vanilla cake mix, but I’ve made it with white cake mix and yellow cake mix before too. Spice Cake would also be a great option if you’re making it in the fall months!
How To Make It
The beauty of dump cakes is how easy they are to make! Just 4 steps and you’ll be pulling this yummy dessert out of the oven in less than an hour!
- Dump the pie filling gets poured into the baking dish that’s been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the pie filling.
- Top the cake mix with butter. You can melt the butter or cut it into even slices (like I do) and cover the top of the cake mix with it.
- Bake the cake until the top is golden brown and the pie filling is bubbling through around the edges of the baking pan.
Can You Make This In A Slow Cooker?
How To Reheat:
Can You Make Other Flavors?
How To Serve It:
More Delicious Recipes
Blueberry Dump CakePin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
Blueberry Dump Cake
- 9×13-inch baking dish
- 2 (21 oz.) cans blueberry pie filling
- 1 box cake mix preferably yellow or white
- ½ cup salted butter sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Dump the pie filling into the baking sheet and spread out to the edges.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the blueberry filling as evenly as possible.
- Slice the butter into thin slices and place evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the cake is golden brown.
- Serve warm or room temperature with ice cream and whipped cream.
- Slow Cooker Directions: Coat the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, then assemble the ingredients the same way you would in the baking dish. Bake on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- How To Reheat: Just pop it back in the oven for about 10 minutes to nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds. You can also enjoy this dish at room temperature!
- Melted Butter: Feel free to melt the butter and pour it over the top of the cake mix instead of using butter slices.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @sugarandsoulco and follow on Tiktok @sugarandsoulco and Pinterest @sugarandsoulco for more!
Comments & Reviews
I’m confused, do you make this in the oven or a slow cooker? Use blueberries or strawberries? Directions are misleading.
Rebecca Hubbell says
You could make this with Blueberry, Strawberry, or really any canned pie filling. The directions are for baking but in the notes there are directions for slow cooking if you’d prefer.
PAULA BACHAND says
Ok. Thank You. I asked because we are going to pick blueberries this weekend.
PAULA BACHAND says
Can you use fresh blueberries? And how much?
Rebecca Hubbell says
Unfortunately, pie filling is an essential part of the recipe. Fresh blueberries won’t cook the same.