With this Hot Chocolate Dump Cake, there’s no need to decide between hot cocoa and chocolate cake – you can have both! An easy holiday dessert made with just six ingredients!
Hot Chocolate Dump Cake
This Hot Chocolate Dump Cake is a super easy and delicious dessert for the holidays!
Now, I know you guys are busy, I am too, and sometimes what we really need are quick and easy recipes that are total wins without killing all of our spare time, because honestly, who has spare time during the holidays, to begin with!?!
Now, I’ve never been an overly big fan of dump cakes, but I must admit, even this one I can get behind! It’s not messy like most others and comes out looking like an actual cake!
What first caught my attention about this cake was that it’s made with just 6 ingredients, most of which I always have on hand, I don’t think you’ll ever see the day where I don’t have chocolate pudding mix and chocolate cake mix in my cupboard!
You know what I never seem to have on hand when I need it? Eggs! Yet somehow half of every carton I buy expires, go figure, right?
Luckily, this recipe doesn’t even require eggs, just chocolate pudding mix, milk, chocolate cake mix, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and hot chocolate powder.
Yup, there’s a lot of chocolate happening in this cake! But who’s complaining!
I mean, just look at all the chocolate goodness! Can’t you just imagine yourself cutting your fork through the gooey slice right there? It’s pure heaven!
Extra Topping Ideas for this Dump Cake:
- Add chopped up candy canes or peppermint candies after baking.
- Replace regular chocolate chips with white chocolate chips.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with chopped nuts before baking.
- Drizzle with Vanilla Icing before serving.
Tips for Making this Dump Cake Recipe:
- The batter for this cake is extremely thick and sticky, use a silicone spatula to spread the batter for best results, or spray a wooden spoon with non-stick spray.
- You can either mix the chocolate chips directly into the batter or you can sprinkle them over the top of the batter just before baking.
- Make sure to use a 9×13-inch baking pan for this cake.
Pin this Dump Cake Recipe for Later!
Hot Chocolate Dump Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for two minutes. Stir in the cake mix and 2 cups of the mini marshmallows.
- You can either stir the chocolate chips directly into the batter or you can spread the batter out into the greased pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining marshmallows and the hot chocolate mix and allow to cool in the pan for 1 hour before serving.