These Gilmore Girls Pop Tart Truffles are something Lorelei would definitely have whipped up for one of Rory’s Bake Sales, and you should whip them up for your A Year In The Life Revival party!
I’ll admit it, I was a latecomer to Gilmore Girls, as in I just binge watched it this summer because all of my friends said I needed to. At first, I didn’t love it, it was cute background noise, but as the seasons went on, I became quite invested in the series, and it wasn’t uncommon for me to stay up until 3 am fitting in as many episodes as I could before bed.
I don’t know if I was lucky only to have to wait such a short time before the revival or to have always known that one was coming, but maybe I was a little unlucky because I missed out on almost two decades of having Lorelei and Rory and the rest of the gang in my life. So with the revival coming up, I couldn’t resist whipping up a food and fiction post for it!
These Pop Tart Truffles are something I could totally see Lorelei whipping up for a bake sale at Chilton for Rory. Sure, she’d probably ask Sookie first, but if all else fails these truffles are made with just three ingredients: pop tarts, frosting, and sprinkles – this is a Gilmore Girls worthy dessert! Because I have no doubt there’s pop tarts and frosting in the cabinets! They are super sweet because it’s pretty much pure sugar… man, how did those girls stay so thin 😉 But they’re a really fun treat and a great addition to your revival party!
Gilmore Girls Pop Tart Truffles
- 8 Pop Tarts
- 2 16 ounce containers Pillsbury white or vanilla frosting
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sugar sprinkles
- Can just do 1 containers of frosting and use white candy melts instead for a harder shell.
- Place pop tarts in a large ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to roll over the pop tarts and crush them, transfer the crushed pop tarts to a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or large bowl.
- Add in 3/4 cup of the white frosting and beat in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until combined.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop out evenly sized balls, roll between your palms and place the balls on the lined baking sheet and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the other container of frosting or melt the candy melts on 30 second intervals until smooth, stirring in between.
- Use a fork to dip the balls in the frosting or melted candy and use a toothpick or paring knife to slide the balls off and back onto the baking sheet, repeat for all truffles. Sprinkles the dipped balls with rainbow sugar sprinkles.
- If using the frosting, place in the fridge for 30 minutes. If using candy melts, allow them to harden at room temp.
You might also find these other Gilmore Girls posts fun and inspiring!
Gilmore Girls DIY Quote T-shirt
Gilmore Girls Fan Notebook