Watermelon Popsicles are made with just watermelon, lime juice, and sugar for a healthier popsicle option to cool off with all summer long!
These Watermelon Popsicles are a delicious burst of refreshing sweet taste that you’ll enjoy making and eating all summer long! They’re an easy-to-make treat that is great for serving at kids’ play dates, family cookouts, and simply to just have stocked up in the freezer for any hot day that comes your way!
After making them just once my entire family agreed that they need be on a permanent rotation all summer long right beside my Easy Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Hand Pies! And I’m not complaining since all three summer recipes are SO easy and quick to make!
Why I Love This Recipe!
- Easy To Make! Simply toss the ingredients into a blender and blend then pour into popsicle molds and freeze!
- Healthy! Ever read the ingredients on a box of ice pops? They’re typically loaded with artificial flavors and high fructose corn syrup. These healthy popsicles are a great alternative that kids will still LOVE!
- Make Them Ahead! Make them the night before, day, or even week before you’ll be serving them!
- Feeds A Crowd! This recipe delivers about a dozen watermelon ice pops depending on the size of your molds! If you need more it’s super easy to just pop them out of the molds once they’re frozen, store them in the freezer in a Ziploc bag, and then freeze another batch!
This Watermelon Popsicle Recipe comes together with easy, minimal ingredients! It’s even a great way to use up that leftover watermelon that’s kicking around the house after a beach day or BBQ.
No food waste AND you get a super yummy cold treat from it! Everyone wins! All you need to freeze up a batch are:
- Watermelon – Grab a big, fresh watermelon!
- Granulated Sugar – Brings out more sweet flavor in these popsicles.
- Lime Juice – I used fresh squeezed, but you can also grab a bottle of 100% lime juice if you prefer! You could also use lemon juice.
What’s really great about this recipe is how forgiving it is when it comes to sugar and lime! You can add as little or as much as you want of either to suit your own taste!
You can also have a lot of fun trying new flavors of this recipe just by simply adding in other fruit. For example, toss some strawberries into the blender as well to create a strawberry watermelon popsicle!
Have some leftover fruit your kids didn’t eat this week? Perfect, throw it in the blender and see what kind of delicious ice pops you can come up with!
How To Make Watermelon Popsicles
- Add the watermelon, lime juice, and sugar to the blender.
- Pulse a few times then fully blend until it becomes a smooth puree consistency.
- Pour the watermelon juice into the molds. This is the popsicle mold we used in this recipe.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight before removing them from the molds.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store Watermelon Popsicles
Once they’re completely frozen, pop them out of the molds and store them in a container or Ziploc freezer bags. Then store them in the freezer, enjoying the popsicles for up to a month!
What Other Sweeteners Can I Use Besides Granulated Sugar?
If you want to skip the granulated sugar you can try using honey or agave nectar instead. You’ll just have to play around with how much you add until they reach the sweetness and flavor you prefer!
Where Do I Get Popsicle Molds?
Check your local Walmart or Target and if you can’t find them there you can always order them off Amazon!
Watermelon Popsicles are a great summer treat that will have everyone of all ages running up to grab one when they see them coming! Check out more great summer treats to make that will have them just as excited as these ice pops!
- S’mores Rice Krispies Treats – A fun and easy summer twist on the classic treat everyone loves!
- Blueberry Dump Cake – Whip up this 3 ingredient dessert and then serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp – An old-fashioned, sweet yet tart summer dessert that’s ready in under an hour!
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream – Rich homemade ice cream that’s made of only 4 ingredients and doesn’t require an ice cream maker!
- Best Ever Blueberry Cheesecake Bars – Graham cracker crust layered with cheesecake, blueberry filling, and topped with a spiced oatmeal crumble!
Watermelon PopsiclesPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
- 6 cups fresh watermelon chunks
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine watermelon, lime juice and sugar in a blender.
- Pulse a few times before moving to a full blend until a smooth puree consistency is achieved.
- Pour into popsicle mold.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight before removing from molds.
- This recipe is very forgiving and you can adjust the lime and sugar to suit your taste