Caramel Chocolate Dipped Oreos also known as Oreo Sugar Bombs, pair a melted Rolo with the cream filled center before dipping the cookie in sweet melted chocolate! An easy-to-make recipe that serves up two dozen delicious treats!
Chocolate Dipped Oreos are a delicious and easy twist on the classic cookie! They’re still the same crunchy, cream-filled treat but with a few yummy additions!
The cream is now stacked onto a melted Rolo, adding a sticky, sweet caramel layer to them! Once the cookie is put back together it’s then dipped halfway into smooth melted chocolate!
The good news is that this improved crunchy, sweet treat comes together in minutes! Making it the perfect last-minute dessert to whip up for parties, celebrations, or potlucks!
You’ll love that you only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this Oreo Sugar Bombs Recipe! To start you’ll need:
- Oreos – I skip classic Oreos and go right to double stuff! The extra cream balances out the chocolate in this recipe nicely.
- Rolos – Gives these cookies their creamy caramel center! Make sure you have enough Rolos for however many dipped cookies you want to make.
- Flaky Sea Salt – Added to the top of the melted chocolate!
- Additional Toppings – Your choice! You could use colorful sprinkles, crushed pretzels, crushed peanuts, or even an additional melted chocolate drizzle!
Mix up these Dipped Oreos by trying a variation of this quick and simple recipe! Some fun ideas could be:
- Make them for special occasions by dressing them up with theme matching sprinkles!
- Swap out the Rolo with chunks of your favorite candy bars!
- This is a great dessert to make for any holiday! Use red and pink sprinkles for Valentine’s Day and crushed candy canes for Christmas!
- Instead of Rolos in the center, you can add a layer of creamy peanut butter!
How To Make Dipped Oreos
- Pull the Oreos apart, placing the non-cream side flat side up on a cookie sheet.
- Place one Rolo candy onto the center of each cookie on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven.
- Top each Rolo cookie with the cream side Oreos. Pressing down until the melted Rolo reaches the edge of the cookie.
- Dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate then place them back on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with sea salt and sprinkles before letting them chill until hardened.
Pop them in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes to set the chocolate faster!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Just Dip The Entire Cookie In Melted Chocolate?
Absolutely! If you’re a chocolate lover you may totally want to take the route.
How Long Will These Leftovers Last?
When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature the cookies will keep for up to 2 weeks.
What’s The Best Way To Melt The Chocolate Melting Wafers?
You can either melt them in the microwave using a small microwave-safe bowl or by using a double boiler on the stovetop. As long as the chocolate is perfectly smooth either technique will work!
Can I Use Chocolate Chips Instead Of Chocolate Candy Melts?
Yes, you can use chocolate chips. However, you will need an addition of coconut oil to ensure a smooth finish on the cookies.
What’s The Easiest Way To Dip The Cookies Without Making A Mess?
You can use a fork for easier handling. Just stick the prongs through the middle of the cookie carefully and dip them into the melted chocolate!
Can I Make A Smaller Batch Of These Chocolate Dipped Cookies?
Of course! You can make as many or as few as you’d like. Sometimes I make just a few at a time to take care of my sweet tooth!
These Caramel Chocolate Dipped Oreos take milk’s favorite cookie to the next level! Grab another dessert recipe for a sweet treat that’s loaded with the same great cookie!
- Golden Oreo Cupcakes – Made with a doctored-up yellow cake mix!
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake – Only requires 30 minutes of hands-on time to prep this dessert!
- Easy Oreo Poke Cake – Moist, tender cake topped with a light homemade frosting and Oreos!
- Layered Oreo Magic Bars – 7 Layer bars loaded with M&Ms, crushed Oreos, coconut, and nuts!
- Oreo Cupcakes – An easy-to-make treat that has an Oreo cookie baked into the bottom of each cupcake!
Caramel Chocolate Dipped OreosPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Caramel Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pull the Oreos apart and place the non-cream sides flat side up on the baking sheet. Set the cream sides aside.
- Add a Rolo candy to the center of each of the Oreo sides on the baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently press the cream side Oreos down on the Rolo to sandwich it, pressing just enough that the Rolo reaches the edge of the cookie. Allow them to cool until set at room temperature or pop them in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to speed up the process.
- Once set, melt the melted wafers in a wide and deep glass or bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until fully melted.
- Dip half of each of the Oreos in the chocolate and place back on the parchment line baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and sprinkles if desired and let cool until hardened.
- How Long Will These Leftovers Last? When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature the cookies will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- What’s The Best Way To Melt The Chocolate Melting Wafers? You can either melt them in the microwave using a small microwave-safe bowl or by using a double boiler on the stovetop. As long as the chocolate is perfectly smooth either technique will work!
- Can I Use Chocolate Chips Instead Of Chocolate Candy Melts? Yes, you can use chocolate chips. However, you will need an addition of coconut oil to ensure a smooth finish on the cookies.