This Funfetti Mug Cake is a single-serving treat made right in the microwave using Golden Oreo cookies and 4 other easy ingredients and ready in just 5 minutes!
Funfetti Golden Oreo Mug Cake is tender, bursting with vanilla flavor, and overflowing with colorful sprinkles! This mug cake recipe allows you to skip baking an entire cake without sacrificing the flavor! It was inspired by the popular TikTok mug cake made with traditional Oreos.
Sometimes you just want a slice of cake, not the entire thing which is why having a great mug cake recipe is handy to have! And this is the one to have!
Using just golden Oreos and pantry staple ingredients, you’ll be biting into a mug cake in just 5 minutes! Yes, you read that right, the cake is ready in just 5 minutes! You can thank me later!
To make a Golden Oreo Mug Cake all you need is golden Oreos, milk, granulated sugar, baking powder, and rainbow sprinkles! If you really enjoy the vanilla flavor you can even add a drop or two of vanilla extract to the batter!
Of course, you’ll also need a mug! For this recipe, you’ll want a 6+ ounce mug or ramekin to hold the cake. Before mixing the cake together in the mug I recommend you pour 6 ounces of water into the mug to ensure it’s a good fit for the vanilla mug cake!
Top this cake with whipped cream, more colorful sprinkles, or a scoop of ice cream!
How To Make Birthday Cake Mug Cake
- Blend the Oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Add the Oreo crumbs to a mug or ramekin. Then mix the remaining dry ingredients into the mug.
- Pour in the milk and mix again before stirring in the sprinkles.
- Cook it in the microwave and then allow it to cool before enjoying!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Double Stuf Oreos For This Recipe?
Unfortunately, double stuf Oreos do not work for this recipe. I know, it breaks my heart too! But I promise its still just as good!
What Kind Of Milk Should I Use?
I used whole milk, but you can try using whatever you have on hand!
Can I Store Leftovers?
You can tightly cover the mug with plastic wrap or tinfoil and store it at room temperature for about a day. Since it’s so easy to make I just suggest making a fresh one when the craving hits!
There’s just something that gets me about Funfetti desserts, their fun appearance, and delicious flavor always reel me in for a bite! If you’re like me with a Funfetti weakness, then allow another one of my favorite recipes to reel you in!
- Over The Top Funfetti Sugar Cookie Dough Cake – Two layers of white almond cake loaded with sprinkles and a layer of edible sugar cookie dough covered in a classic vanilla buttercream!
- The Best Funfetti Birthday Cake Dip – Ready in just 5 minutes using a boxed cake mix, cream cheese, cool whip, and rainbow sprinkles!
- Easy Funfetti Bread – An easy quick bread recipe that’s studded with sprinkles, topped with a sweet vanilla glaze, and finished off with more sprinkles!
- Homemade Funfetti Cake – What birthday dreams are made of! Two layers of white cake filled with rainbow sprinkles and covered in rich white chocolate frosting!
Golden Oreo Mug CakePin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Busy Family Recipes Facebook Community and share them there!
Golden Oreo Funfetti Mug Cake
- Add Oreos to a food processor and blend until fine crumbs form.4 golden Oreos
- Add the oreo crumbs to a 6+ ounce mug or ramekin and mix in the sugar and baking powder with a fork.1 teaspoon granulated sugar, ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Add milk and mix again then stir in the sprinkles.3 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon rainbow sprinkles
- Cook for 1 minute and 10 seconds.
- Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes and enjoy.
- Enjoy plain or top with vanilla frosting, powdered sugar, or whipped cream.
- Double Stuf Oreos do not work in this recipe.