This Chocolate Milkshake is super thick and packed with rich chocolatey flavor made with only two ingredients that’s ready for sipping in just 5 minutes!
This Chocolate Milkshake is an incredibly creamy and rich chilled treat perfect for sipping on all year long! This easy, delicious recipe will have you voluntarily speeding by your favorite shake joint to head home and whip up instead!
5 Reasons Why I Love This Recipe!
- Chocolatey! Chocolate ice cream collides with chocolate milk for the ultimate chocolatey milkshake recipe that you’ll call on every single time to curb your sweet tooth!
- Minimal Ingredients! Only two easy ingredients are needed to make these homemade shakes, that’s it!
- Fun Toppings! Everyone will love dressing up their own chocolate milkshake with their favorite toppings!
- Quick To Make! Since this recipe only blends up two ingredients they’re ready to enjoy in no time!
- Variations! With an easy recipe like this, it’s easy to swap out ingredients for another delicious variation! Scroll down to the bottom to see some variation ideas worth trying!
These homemade Chocolate Milkshakes come together in no time using just 2 ingredients and your choice of toppings! All you need is your favorite brand of chocolate ice cream, chocolate milk, and toppings such as whipped cream, colorful fun sprinkles, and maraschino cherries!
The thick, chocolatey flavor of these milkshakes is out of this world but honestly, I’m a toppings girl! I LOVE toppings! You can literally dream up any topping to finish off these shakes with but here are some of my favorite ways:
- Trade in the canned store-bought whipped cream for Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream!
- Add a drizzle of chocolate sauce over the top or even caramel or hot fudge!
- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips, or even peanut butter chips over the whipped cream!
- Give these shakes a little boozy upgrade and top them with my Kahlua Whipped Cream!
- Swap out the sprinkles for crushed cookies like Oreos or Nutter Butters, chopped nuts, or crushed candies such as Twix or Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.
See, there’s a ton of topping choices! Better make these shakes a couple of times to try out all the different toppings!
How To Make Chocolate Milkshakes
- Add the chocolate ice cream and chocolate milk to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry!
Since this recipe uses just two easy ingredients it’s pretty simple to swap them out to get different flavored shakes! Here are some fun, tasty variations you’ll love sipping on as much as the Chocolate Milkshake!
- Make a Strawberry Milkshake by swapping out the chocolate ice cream for strawberry ice cream and the chocolate milk for strawberry milk!
- Enjoy a Caramel Milkshake by using Hershey’s caramel syrup to make caramel milk and mixing it with salted caramel ice cream!
- Use peanut butter ice cream instead of chocolate ice cream for a chocolate peanut butter milkshake!
- Try a mint chocolate shake just by swapping out the chocolate ice cream for mint chocolate chip!
- Feeling adventurous? Make a maple-flavored milkshake using vanilla ice cream and Oakhurst maple milk! Add in a drizzle of maple syrup for an extra hit of that sweet maple taste!
How Many Milkshakes Does This Recipe Make?
This Chocolate Milkshake recipe yields one milkshake! If you have a big blender you can easily double the ingredients and get two! If not, you can simply just make them one at a time! I have this Ninja Blender and it can make two at a time.
Can I Use Homemade Chocolate Milk?
Yes you can! Just stir in as much chocolate syrup as you’d like to 1/3 cup of milk and add it in!
What’s The Best Blender For Making Milkshakes?
Vitamix are a really great choice of blender! But since you’re not chopping anything up like you do when making smoothies you don’t need a fancy blender to make milkshakes!
With Summer closing in on us it’s time to start tucking away the ice cream dessert recipes, like these Chocolate Milkshakes, to bust out on the hot days! Here are more of my favorite ice cream treats that you’ll want to be enjoying all Summer long!
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream – This recipe gives you a super creamy and rich ice cream without the use of an ice cream maker!
- Irish Cream Milkshake – A boozy sweet treat made out of vanilla ice cream and Baileys Irish cream!
- Weight Watchers Skinny Ice Cream Cake – Everything you love about the classic dessert but in a lighter version that still tastes like your enjoying the real thing!
- Cherry & Chocolate Ice Cream Float – A fun flavored recipe insides by the movie Grease that’s ready in just 5 minutes!
- No Churn Chinese Five Spice Ice Cream – Enjoy a scoop or two of this uniquely but deliciously flavored ice cream thats made of only 5 ingredients!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review; I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges and win prizes!
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream
- ⅓ cup chocolate milk
- whipped cream for topping
- sprinkles for topping
- maraschino cherry for topping
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry before enjoying with a straw.