This Guinness Chocolate Mug Cake is ready in just 5 minutes and great for those nights when you want a little something sweet, fast!
So here’s the thing, I’m not a beer drinker. BUT, I can occasionally drink a pint of Guinness, this stout has so much body and flavor that it goes down smooth. That body lends beautifully to chocolate and I especially love combining the two in desserts.
One of my biggest regrets from our trip to Ireland last year was that we didn’t have an extra day in Dublin to tour the Guinness Brewery and Jameson Distillery, because I think that would have been a real treat. Has any of you ever been?
Even if you haven’t, this is the time of year where it’s perfectly acceptable to work your favorite Irish liquids into anything and everything! Mix up an Irish Buck Cocktail, add everything you need for Simply Recipe’s Guinness Beef Stew to the slow cooker and make this Guinness Chocolate Mug Cake for dessert! There you have it, the perfect St. Patrick’s Day meal 😉
This Guinness Chocolate Mug Cake takes less than 5 minutes to make, and when you top it with chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and chocolate sprinkles, you’re in for a delicious little treat you’ll want to make over and over again. I made them over and over again, but mostly because it took me five attempts to get this recipe just right, but I had no problem eating the failed attempts! Being a food blogger is the perfect excuse to have Guinness and cake for breakfast!
Also, what do you think of this cute little mug, it’s adorable, right? I ordered it from my friend, Erin, over at Strawberry Mommycakes a few months back and you can get one too!
Guinness Chocolate Mug Cake
- Chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Grease mug with the vegetable oil.
- Add butter to mug and microwave for 30 seconds until melted. Whisk in remaining cake ingredients to mug in the order listed, whisking together after each addition.
- Microwave on high for 60 - 75 seconds, the cake should spring back when touched once done, you can also test it with a cake tester to see if it comes clean.
- Top with a scoop of chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup and sprinkles.
- You need to use a porcelain/ceramic mug for mug cakes.