This delicious Christmas Funfetti Bread is an easy quick bread recipe that is studded with holiday sprinkles, glazed with a delicious vanilla glaze, and then topped off with even more sprinkles. It’s the perfect holiday treat everyone can enjoy!
I love funfetti cake, cupcakes, cookies, you name it. I love anything that contains sprinkles. Well, this Christmas Bread absolutely handles that! Loaded with sprinkles in the bread itself and on top you couldn’t get more Christmas time than this.
Quick breads are one of my favorite types of bread to make, they don’t require any rising time or anything. You just mix it up, bake it, cool it and you are ready to go. They are one of the easiest breads to make and so many different flavors.
Why This Recipe Works
- Pantry staple ingredients help make this Christmas Funfetti Bread come together quickly.
- You can double this recipe to serve more people, or separate it into mini loaves and give them as holiday gifts.
- You can use any type of holiday sprinkles that you like as they are easily found this time of year.
Christmas Bread Ingredients
This Christmas Bread Recipe is a basic vanilla cinnamon bread recipe made with vanilla extract and a hint of cinnamon to give it a little holiday flair.
You are able to easily make this bread with things that you already have in your pantry, it does not require any odd ingredients other than your holiday sprinkles which are easy to find this time of year.
The main ingredients to the bread are butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and milk with a couple of extra add-ins to make it special. Regardless this is such an easy recipe, there is no reason NOT to make it this holiday season.
How To Make Christmas Funfetti Bread Step-by-Step
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Then, mix in the sour cream and milk until incorporated, and set aside.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir in until just combined and no flour streaks remain. Lastly, fold in the sprinkles.
Pour cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center and the top is just golden. Remove from the oven to cool in the pan For 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile, make the glaze by whisking together the confectioner’s sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. Spread the icing over the cooled bread and smooth it out with a rubber spatula.
Sprinkle with extra sprinkles if desired then let set then slice and serve.
Some other variations that would be good for this bread include:
- Making cream cheese icing, you can never go wrong with that!
- Instead of icing the top, sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar over the batter in the baking pan before baking making it a cinnamon sugar bread.
- Since the bread is simple and has no special flavor, mixing in some white or regular chocolate chips would be great!
- You could also use some chopped-up candied fruit in place of the sprinkles to make it holiday-themed.
Use rainbow sprinkles or other holiday sprinkle colors in this funfetti bread recipe to celebrate other occasions throughout the year!
How To Store:
We prefer to store this Christmas Quick Bread in an airtight container at room temperature, storing quick bread in the refrigerator will cause them to dry out. This bread will last for 3 to 4 days when stored properly.
Can I Freeze This Bread?
Absolutely, quick bread is really easy to freeze. Bake up per the instructions but don’t prepare the glaze.
I like to wrap mine in foil and then store it in a freezer bag, then place it in the freezer and it should last up to 3 months frozen.
Let the funfetti bread defrost on the countertop at room temperature and then you can make your glaze and serve.
Other Sweet Bread Recipes:
- Zucchini Bread – A delicious classic bread made from freshly shredded zucchini and other spices.
- Applesauce Bread – This bread is made with chunky applesauce, nuts, and an array of delicious spices.
- Ice Cream Bread – A delicious customizable 2 ingredient bread made from ice cream and self-rising flour.
- Starbucks Banana Bread – An easy and delicious classic bread full of nuts and bananas, a staple recipe to have!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix just until combined then mix in the sour cream and milk until incorporated; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir in until just combined and no flour streaks remain.
- Lastly, fold in the sprinkles but do not overmix them or they could bleed into the batter.
- Spread into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center and the top is just golden. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. Spread the icing over the cooled bread and smooth out with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle with extra sprinkles if desired then let set then slice and serve.
- If your bread is browning too quickly, you can place a foil tent over it while it finishes baking.