With a mixture of chocolate, cream, and liquor this Peppermint Chocolate White Russian is the perfect cocktail recipe to sip on during your next holiday gathering. Super easy to whip up and absolutely delicious.
I will admit, I absolutely love White Russian Recipes. There is something about them that just makes me warm and fuzzy inside even know they are a cold drink. It is just the flavors themselves that make it absolutely irresistible.
This Peppermint Chocolate White Russian Recipe is one of my favorites. I love the holiday flavor of peppermint and it works really well in this drink with the added flavor of chocolate.
And if you want more peppermint flavor, try my Peppermint Brownie Cookies!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- With minimal ingredients that are easily available at your local grocer and liquor store it is super easy to whip up.
- This recipe only makes one drink but the measurements are easy to convert to make multiple drinks.
- This White Russian is super fun to garnish with chocolate syrup and peppermint candies, etc.
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE WHITE RUSSIAN INGREDIENTS:
With super fun liqueurs such as vodka, Kahlua, and peppermint schnapps it is a tasty and perfect combination that really plays well with each other.
With the addition of heavy cream, and chocolate syrup it really balances the alcohol flavor to a tasty and mellow flavor that you will absolutely love and is not overpowering in any way.
This recipe is super fun and is the perfect cocktail that you will want everyone to try at the holiday parties you may throw.
I think the addition of the chocolate and peppermint really set this drink off to the point that it is super festive and will quickly become one of your go-to holiday drinks.
HOW TO MAKE A PEPPERMINT WHITE RUSSIAN
Drizzle chocolate syrup around the inside edges of a cocktail glass and add ice.
RECIPE TIP: You can also dip the rim in chocolate and then in crushed peppermint candies.
Pour in the vodka, Kahlua, and peppermint schnapps.
Then pour the heavy cream into the glass over the back of a spoon or stir everything together.
PRO TIP: Pouring the cream over the back of the spoon gives the drink a beautiful marbled look. You can also stir to combine everything together to make it easier as well.
Drizzle with more chocolate syrup and garnish with a candy cane, peppermint stick, or peppermint candy.
With a recipe like this White Russian you really can’t go wrong, as you can see it is super easy to put together but even easier to sip down!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
A traditional White Russian consists of vodka, coffee liqueur, and heavy cream, poured over ice in an old fashioned glass.
No, you do not, a healthier substitute is half and half, but you can use milk as an alternative as well.
In normal White Russian recipes, vodka is one of the main components, but if you are not a vodka fan you can swap it out with rum either light or dark. This will produce a sweeter flavor compared to the vodka.
OTHER COFFEE FLAVORED DRINKS:
- IRISH COFFEE – A delicious drink made from coffee, sugars, and whisky this is the perfect pick-me-up brunch staple.
- KAHLUA HOT CHOCOLATE – Coffee liqueur mixed with hot chocolate is the perfect holiday sitting in front of the fire drink.
- DIRTY BANANA – A fun frozen cocktail with Kahlua, rums, banana, and chocolate.
- PUDDING SHOTS – Not quite a drink but a fun alcoholic party favor made with pudding and either Kahlua or Irish Cream.
Peppermint Chocolate White RussianPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Peppermint Chocolate White Russian
- 1 ounce chocolate syrup such as Hershey's or Ghirardelli
- ½ cup ice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce kahlua
- ½ ounce peppermint schnapps
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- peppermint candy for garnish
- chocolate syrup for garnish
- Drizzle chocolate syrup around the inside edges of a cocktail glass and fill it halfway with ice.
- Pour in the vodka, Kahlua, and peppermint schnapps.
- Then pour the heavy cream into the glass over the back of a spoon or stir everything together.
- Drizzle with more chocolate syrup and garnish with a peppermint candy.
- Half & Half can be used in place of heavy cream for a lighter option.
- You can also use peppermint vodka for even more peppermint flavor.