Oreo Cupcakes start with doctoring up a boxed chocolate cake mix and from there are loaded with Oreo’s from the bottom to the top! These rich, Oreo-filled cupcakes will have everyone rushing to grab one… or two!
These Oreo Cupcakes guarantee a mouthful of Oreos in every single bite! Each cupcake has a full-sized Oreo baked into the bottom and then covered in a sweet chocolate frosting.
But it doesn’t stop there! Once frosted, the cupcakes get rolled in crushed Oreos and are finished off with an Oreo on top along with a piece of cookies n cream bar!
Sounds heavenly, right? Believe me, if you are or know someone who loves Oreos trying these cupcakes is an absolute must! I mean, they won’t disappoint you even if you aren’t as obsessed with Oreos the way that I am.
Everyone will be giddy once they eye these cupcakes on the dessert table! Hurry, they won’t last long!
The base of these Oreo Cupcakes is a boxed chocolate cake mix and a box of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix. From there the two combine and get doctored up using sour cream, vegetable oil, whole milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, and Oreos.
The doctoring up of boxed mixes results in super moist, rich, chocolaty cupcakes! If you haven’t tried this technique before I assure you after one bite you’ll fall in love with it!
For the frosting, you’ll need heavy cream, confectioners sugar, and instant chocolate fudge pudding mix. Once frosted you’ll really dress these cupcakes up using crushed Oreos, Oreos, and pieces of a cookies & cream bar!
Easily crush the Oreos by simply adding them into your food processor!
How To Make Oreo Cupcakes
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the cupcakes in a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Place one Oreo in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Scoop batter onto the top of each Oreo in the cupcake liners and then bake the cupcakes. Once a toothpick inserted into the centers come out clean the cupcakes are done.
- Beat together the frosting ingredients and then pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes once they’ve cooled completely.
- Roll the tops of the frosted cupcakes in the crushed Oreos and then top with an oreo and a piece of cookies ‘n cream chocolate bar.
It’s best to top the cupcakes with Oreos just before serving so they don’t become soggy!
How To Store
Store these cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to two days, just keep in mind that the Oreos will get soft! This just means you’ll have to eat them right up quickly, but I’m sure that won’t hurt anyone’s feelings!
Can I Use A Homemade Chocolate Cake Batter Instead?
Of course, if you have a favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe I encourage you to whip that up and try it! I’m guessing it’d make this dessert super tasty!
Do I need To Add The Ingredients On The Back Of The Cake Mix Box Too?
Nope, just the ones listed here on the recipe card!
Anytime I bring these Oreo Cupcakes to share with friends and family they’re always eaten right up, everyone loves Oreos so who can resist? I certainly can’t which is why I have many more Oreo desserts that I bet you’ll love just as much as these cupcakes!
- Oreo Magic Bars (7 Layer Bars) – A rich, tasty, and easy dessert that’s deliciously overflowing with fun mix-ins!
- Easy Oreo Chocolate Truffles – Perfectly moist, tender truffles that will have chocolate lovers asking for your recipe!
- Marshmallow Oreo Treats – This no bake treat is made with just three ingredients!
- Delicious Dirt Cups – Creamy chocolate and vanilla layers sprinkled over with crushed Oreos for a fun kids dessert that you can easily customize into a spring and summertime treat!
- Easy Peppermint Oreo Balls – Delectable and indulgent dessert bites that have a minty twist!
Oreo CupcakesPin For Later
CLICK THE BUTTON ABOVE TO SAVE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE TO YOUR BOARD!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup instant chocolate fudge pudding mix dry
- 2 cups crushed Oreos
- 24 Oreos for topping
- 2 Cookies & Cream Chocolate bars divided for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, mix together all ingredients for the cupcake batter.
- Place one Oreo in each cupcake liner.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop 1½ scoops of batter on top of each Oreo each liner. About 3 tablespoons.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20 to 22 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, beat together the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and pudding mix in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Place frosting in a piping bag and pipe a large mound onto the cupcakes.
- Roll the tops of the frosted cupcakes in the crushed Oreos so they stick to the frosting then top with an Oreo and a piece of cookies ‘n cream chocolate bar.
- Vanilla or chocolate frosting can be made depending on personal preference, just swap out chocolate for vanilla pudding mix or vice versa.
- Because this is a whipped cream-based frosting, the cupcakes should be refrigerated within 2 hours of frosting.
- It’s best to top with the Oreos just before serving so they don’t get too soggy.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 days but know that the Oreos will get soft.
- A classic chocolate cake batter can also be used in this recipe if you have a favorite homemade kind.
- Do not add any extract ingredients called for on the back of the cake mix box, just the ones listed here in the ingredients.