These Peppermint Oreo Balls are a minty twist on the classic recipe that’s perfect for the holiday season! Delectable and indulgent dessert bites are made with a base of Oreos, cream cheese, salt, and peppermint extract and dipped in dark chocolate! Everyone will be asking for this recipe!
These Peppermint Oreo Truffles are exploding with one of the season’s most popular flavors, peppermint! This signature holiday taste will surely bring the spirit of Christmas right into your kitchen to share with loved ones!
This rich dessert gives you a break from the oven so you can whip up this welcomed no-bake treat! But wait, it gets even better!
These Peppermint Oreo Balls are ready to eat in just an hour and a half producing two dozen bite-sized desserts! Plenty to pass along as an edible gift that allows others to enjoy the instant taste of Christmas happiness!
Peppermint Oreo Ball Ingredients
Crushed Oreos, salt, cream cheese, and peppermint extract combine together delivering the best Peppermint Oreo Ball filling possible! The chocolate coating that wraps this dessert up is just melting wafers, it doesn’t get any easier than that!
How To Make Peppermint Oreo Truffles
Set aside a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment or waxed paper. Then pulse the Oreos in a food processor until they’ve turned into fine crumbs.
Combine the cream cheese, peppermint extract, and salt with the crushed Oreos and pulse it all together. The oreo mixture will become thick and sticky.
Roll the filling into 1-inch balls using a medium cookie scoop to help with portioning out the mixture. Put the balls on the prepared baking sheets and then chill in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
Place melting wafers in a small bowl and work on getting them melted down by microwaving them at 30-second intervals. Stirring in between the intervals until chocolate is fully melted.
Now that the balls are chilled, take your dipping tool and dip them in the bowl of melted chocolate. After you’ve dipped the balls in chocolate allow the excess chocolate to drip off each one.
Place balls back onto the prepared pan. Move quickly to sprinkle about 1/3 cup of crushed candy canes or sprinkles over the top of them before they set up.
Chocolate: You can easily replace melting wafers for almond bark or white chocolate. If using chocolate chips, just add in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil for every cup of chips so the consistency is thin enough for dipping.
Peppermint Oreos: If you can find them, you could also try using the holiday peppermint flavored Oreos instead of regular. I would eliminate the peppermint extract if you go this route.
How To Store
Store these Peppermint Oreo Balls in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Freeze them for 3 months by placing them in a freezer bag and squeezing the access air out of it.
Because of the cream cheese, these should not be kept at room temperature for more than a couple of hours.
Need Them Fast?
In a time crunch, you can speed up the setting process by placing them in the refrigerator or freezer for 5 to 15 minutes.
Now that the spirit of Christmas is overflowing in your kitchen there’s just one thing left to do! Check out my other holiday recipes to continue whipping up delicious treats!
- Peppermint Brownie Cookies – Doctored up brownie mix cookies dipped in Andes mints!
- Peanut Butter Balls – A classic creamy peanut butter no-bake treat!
- Cookie Dough Truffles – Another great option to fill those holiday cookie tins for sharing!
- Easy Peanut Butter Blossoms – Chocolate candy hugged in a soft sugar-coated peanut butter cookie!
- Santa Hat Brownies – The perfect Christmas treat to make together with the kids that they’re sure to love!
Peppermint Oreo BallsPin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Peppermint Oreo Balls
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb forms.
- Add in the cream cheese, peppermint extract, and salt, then pulse until fully combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out the mixture and roll into balls with your hands. Place the balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and chill them in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Melt the melting wafers in a small bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until fully melted.
- Use a spoon and fork to dip and coat the balls, then transfer back to the parchment paper to set completely.
- Top with sprinkles or crushed peppermint pieces before the chocolate sets.
- You can place these in the refrigerator or freezer to set faster if needed, about 5 to 10 minutes for each round.
- To freeze, add them to a freezer bag and squeeze out any excess air and freeze for up to 3 months.
- These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.