Peanut Butter Balls are a classic no-bake treat made with graham crackers, creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, and chocolate! Perfect for the holidays!
This Peanut Butter Balls recipe is one that my mother in law shared with me years ago.
They have always been a traditional holiday treat in my husband’s family and now they’re one that has spread to my side of the family as well.
Once you’ve had these delectable no-bake Peanut Butter Balls, there’s a good chance they will become part of your holiday traditions too!
You can make them with milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate to suit your taste!
Peanut Butter Balls are rich and creamy and you can make them up in advance and even freeze them if you’re planning ahead.
For that very reason, this is a treat we love to make a give to friends in cute containers (I love this set)!
These Peanut Butter Truffles are made with a filling of graham crackers, peanut butter, and powdered sugar that’s dipped in chocolate. They taste a lot like a peanut butter cup!
How To Make Peanut Butter Balls:
This Peanut Butter Balls recipe is super simple to make. Just follow the steps below and in the recipe card and you’ll have dozens of them ready in no time at all!
Step 1: Begin by adding your graham crackers to a food processor and pulse them into a crumb.
You can also buy the graham cracker crumbs in the box at the store for an even simpler prep!
If you do not have a food processor, add the graham crackers to a large Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into a fine crumb.
Step 2: Once you have the crumb, combine it in a large bowl with the peanut butter and confectioners sugar. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract if you’d like, but you don’t have to.
Step 3: Next, you’ll want to use a medium cookie scoop to evenly measure out the peanut butter mixture, then roll between your hands to form 1 inch balls and place on a countertop or baking sheet lined with wax paper.
Step 4: Once you’ve prepared all of your balls, add you melting wafers to a small bowl and melt on 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until fully melted.
You can also use melted chocolate chips, but I recommend adding a teaspoon of shortening to them if you do 🙂
Step 5: Using a fork or my favorite candy dipping tool, dip the balls in the melted chocolate to fully coat. Let any excess chocolate drip away before placing them back on the wax paper to set at room temperature.
Step 6: Sprinkle the tops of the balls with graham cracker crumbs or sprinkles before the chocolate fully sets, if desired.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
How To Freeze Peanut Butter Balls:
- Prepare your balls according to the recipe directions and let the chocolate fully set before freezing.
- Freeze in an air-tight container or bag for up to 3 months.
- I recommend putting wax paper between the layers of balls.
Are Peanut Butter Balls Vegan?
This particular recipe is not vegan, but you can easily adapt it to be. Simply substitute the graham crackers with a vegan sweet cracker or cookie and use a vegan chocolate!
I hope you all get a chance to make a batch of these tempting little treats this holiday season! And while peanut butter is always a good idea, these Cookie Butter Balls are pretty amazing too!
More Delicious Peanut Butter Recipes:
- Best Peanut Butter Frosting – So creamy and delicious on everything!
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie – Always a hit with friends and family!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes – A classic combo with a surprise filling!
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies – The traditional cookie without the chocolate!
Peanut Butter Balls
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can ask questions and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Peanut Butter Balls
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar until fully combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop, about 1.5 tablespoons, to measure out even amounts of the peanut butter mixture. Roll the mixture between your palms to form balls.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring between each one until fully melted.
- Dip the peanut butter balls in chocolate and place on wax paper to set, sprinkle the tops with extra graham cracker crumbs or sprinkle, if desired.
- Crunchy peanut butter may also be used.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.