One of the best parts about having a baby is all the exciting “firsts,” from words to foods and holidays! Since my daughter, Evie was born last September, this summer she had her very first beach day!
Admittedly, heading to the beach with a 10-month-old in tow is a bit more work than it used to be.
This post was created in partnership with Stop & Shop, all opinions and experiences are 100% my own.
To make matters even trickier, we wanted to head out of state to Hampton Beach in New Hampshire. It’s buzzing with attractions, shops, and restaurants — I knew it would be worth the trip!
So, my husband Matt and I decided to make it easier on ourselves by packing light and planning a trip to Stop & Shop on the way. And take it from me, guys: it was a smart move.
Before arriving at our destination, we pulled into the nearest Stop & Shop in Amesbury, Massachusetts. It’s about 15-20 minutes from Hampton Beach, and it was totally worth the trip.
Not only were we able to load up the cooler with convenient lunch and snack items, but this store also had all the essentials we needed to enjoy a relaxing beach day!
Stop & Shop has everything from beach chairs, to books, to swim diapers … and yep, we picked up all three.
We even grabbed a little lounge chair just for Evie! And we couldn’t resist treating her to a couple of new beach toys, as well.
Of course, we also had to stock up our cooler for lunch, drinks, and snacks for the day. And you know me — we couldn’t forget about dessert!
Pre-sliced fruit and pre-made sandwiches made for an easy beach picnic, plus everything was deliciously fresh. We also snagged some chips, waters, and gourmet brownie cupcakes from the Stop & Shop bakery!
Since I knew it was going to be a scorcher, I concocted a refreshing Sparkling Cranberry Lemonade recipe. It’s so easy, it can be mixed up right on the beach, and it’s made with ingredients I scooped up at the store!
Plus, it tastes like New England summer in a glass: cranberries are a local staple, and nothing says “summertime” like lemonade! With a splash of club soda for some light fizz, this bubbly beverage is perfect to sip by the water.
Check out Stop & Shop’s Savory for more great summer drink recipes!
Cranberry Lemonade is an easy, 3-ingredient recipe for summertime and holidays. Add sparkling water or club soda for a bubbly finish!
How To Make Easy Cranberry Lemonade
- Fill a cup with ice.
- Add equal parts cranberry juice and lemonade.
- Top with a splash of club soda.
We arrived at Hampton Beach with baby, beach bags, and cooler in tow. Thanks to our grocery store stop, we had everything we needed to enjoy the sun, surf, and sand!
As for Evie, I think it’s safe to say she had a blast on her very first beach day.
She snacked on some juicy pre-cut watermelon until it dribbled down her bathing suit (good thing it’s waterproof, right?). She also loved playing in the sand with her new shovel and ball.
As for me, I got a head start on the new book I bought on our store run. Reading, spending time with family, snacking, and sipping on Cranberry Lemonade … it was a good day.
Needless to say, Stop & Shop made the entire trip go so much smoother.
There was so little prep before we left the house because we got everything at the store on the way. That means less time spent packing and more time with family — I’ll take that any day!
Now that we’ve had a first beach trip with a baby, I’d like to pass some tips along.
Baby Beach Tips:
- Keep It Simple:
- Don’t overdo it or make elaborate plans; they won’t go as expected! If you’re driving an hour or two to get to the coast, I wouldn’t suggest making any unnecessary detours.
- Don’t spend hours packing a gourmet picnic; this was one of the biggest ways Stop & Shop saved us time. Also, don’t stress if things get messy, because after all, you’re headed to the beach! Bring premade foods, embrace the juice stains, and try to enjoy it!
- Keep It Short:
- One to two hours of fun in the sun is usually plenty for a baby, so don’t expect to spend the entire day at the beach. I’d suggest leaving once your little one gets fussy, otherwise, the rest of your stay will be miserable for everyone!
- Keep Some Distance:
- If possible, find an open spot that gives you some space from fellow beachgoers and is a ways from the water. Not only is this important for safety, if your youngster starts crying, but you also won’t have to worry too much about disrupting your neighbors.
Cranberry LemonadePin It For Later
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can ask questions and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Sparkling Cranberry Lemonade
- 4 ounces cranberry juice
- 4 ounces lemonade
- 1 ounce club soda
- lemon slice for garnish
- cranberries for garnish
- mint for garnish
- Fill a medium cup with ice.
- Add the lemonade and cranberry juice.
- Top with a splash of club soda and enjoy.
- Try using a flavored seltzer instead of club soda to add even more fun flavors to the drink!