These Santa Hat Brownies are a simple and festive rich chocolate dessert the whole family will love!
Happy Monday! I know Mondays aren’t really a thing most of us get excited about, but for a lot of people, this is the last week before holiday break.
The younger kids are getting excited and most families will probably have holiday concerts and parties on their schedules this week and that usually means a sweet treat is in order.
These Santa Hat Brownies are simple and festive, use a box brownie mix if you’re in a pinch or use my favorite fudgy brownie recipe.
Santa Hat Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, and oil for 2 MINUTES!
- Whisk in water and vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in microwave on 30-second intervals until melted, stirring in between, about 60 seconds.
- Whisk melted chocolate into the brownie batter until fully combined.
- Mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- Cut into 9 brownies and pipe a circle of frosting (I used store-bought because you need so little) on each one, top with a strawberry that has had the stem sliced off, then pipe a little dollop of frosting on the point of the strawberry to complete the hat.