Cranberry Orange Muffins are a delicious and festive breakfast loaded with fresh juicy berries and laced with orange zest.
I always try squeezing in some “me time” in the morning, and I love savoring these Cranberry Orange Muffins before my workday begins. As a busy entrepreneur — and now, a new mom — I enjoy my morning quiet time now more than ever.
These days, I don’t always get my moments of solace when I first wake up. Sometimes my daughter Evie is fussy, then the morning routine of feeding, dressing, and playing with her begins.
But once my husband Matt heads out the door and I’ve settled down, Evie does too. When she finally closes her eyes, I can finally enjoy my Cranberry Orange Muffin … and a much-needed cup of coffee!
While I’m home alone with the baby (and managing my blog, too!), I don’t have much time to cook. That’s why I love making muffins for quick and easy breakfasts that last all week.
(Not to mention, it’s a great grab-and-go option for Matt as he heads to work.)
I like to switch up my muffin recipes depending on the fruits and flavors of the season. Now that we’re approaching the holidays, my go-to is this Cranberry Orange Muffin Recipe!
These scrumptious muffins are filled with juicy cranberries and tangy orange zest. Then they’re topped with a sprinkle of brown sugar for the finishing touch!
Come breakfast, I warm up my Cranberry Orange Muffin and add a pad of butter so it starts to melt. Paired with a hot mug of my favorite Dunkin’ Donuts coffee, and I have my little bit of morning bliss!
But there is a secret ingredient in this recipe (and my coffee cup, too!). To make Orange Cranberry muffins extra moist and delicious, I use Dunkin’ Extra Extra coffee creamer.
That’s right: in addition to adding richness to my coffee, creamer adds another dimension to these muffins. As a multitasker myself, I always gravitate toward ingredients that serve multiple purposes!
How To Make Cranberry Orange Muffins
These muffins are simple to make and you’ll be enjoying them fresh out of the oven in no time at all!
1. Begin by Preheating the oven to 375 degrees F and lining the muffin pan with liners and set aside.
2. Next, beat the softened butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Then beat in egg, zest, and vanilla. The mixture will be a bit lumpy, that’s okay.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mix and buttermilk, alternating between the two 3 times until incorporated into the butter mix. Beat until completely combined.
4. In a small bowl, stir together about 1 1/4 cup of the cranberries and the extra tablespoon of all-purpose flour, make sure to coat this to prevent them from sinking to the bottom. Gently fold cranberries into the batter.
5. Add a 1/4 cup of batter to each muffin liner. Load up the tops of the muffins with remaining cranberries.
6. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with brown sugar.
7. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes clean from the center. Enjoy warm with butter and Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend Coffee.
I love using Dunkin’ Extra Extra for both my coffee and my recipes! It’s made with wholesome ingredients like real milk, cream, and sugar, which is perfect for enhancing other flavors.
When you use creamer in your baked goods, you’ll taste the difference. In fact, it may inspire you to add it to some of your other recipes, too!
I couldn’t get through this crazy time of year without my favorite Dunkin’ products. Whether in my mug or in my Orange Cranberry Muffins, Dunkin’ Extra Extra creamer and a mug of Dunkin’® coffee help get my day started right.
When things get hectic this holiday season, bake a batch of Cranberry Orange Muffins to make life a little easier …
… and remember, always stay caffeinated!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review, I love hearing from you! And don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F and line muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Beat softened butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Beat in egg, zest, and vanilla. The mixture will be a bit lumpy, that’s okay.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mix and the creamer, alternating between the two 3 times until incorporated into the butter mix. Beat until completely combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together about 1 1/4 cup of the cranberries and the extra tablespoon of all-purpose flour, make sure to coat. Gently fold cranberries into the batter. Add a 1/4 cup of batter to each muffin liner. Load up the tops of the muffins with remaining cranberries.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with brown sugar.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes clean from the center. Enjoy warm with butter and Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend Coffee.