These Easy Taco Sliders are a great alternative to traditional tacos! They’re simple to make and loaded with flavor, a sure crowd pleaser and a great use for leftover taco meat too!
Taco Sliders Recipe
What makes a taco better? Taking the fixings, sandwiching them between bread and baking them. That my friends is pure taco heaven! When you pull the finished sliders apart and see all that melty cheese, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about!
This recipe is fun and comforting and perfect for summer get-togethers, game days, or even just a quick weeknight meal. The whole family will be begging for seconds!
Now, I don’t know about you guys, but I always enjoy a little heat on my tacos. Live dangerously, am I right?
And since I have this terribly painful habit of rubbing my eyes after cutting jalapeños, I try to sub out fresh pepper for jarred pepper when I can and when it works for the recipe. I just can’t say no to fewer tears and more flavor!
These Easy Taco Sliders are super tasty and with a little prep work ahead of time, you can have these babies reading in about 30 minutes! Want to see just how easy these sliders are to make for your next event or weeknight dinner? Check out the video below!
I love the way the butter allows the bottoms of these Easy Taco Sliders to crisp up, so it supports all the goodness on top of it, while the top half of the rolls stay soft.
You can make your taco meat however you usually would and can add any extra toppings you want to the mix! With tacos, the possibilities are endless!
Pin this Taco Sliders Recipe for Later!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Sugar & Soul (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #sugarandsoulco so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU make from this site! You can also Subscribe to my Newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Easy Taco Sliders
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Slice rolls like you would a burger bun and place bottom half in the pan and set the top half aside.
- Spread sour cream over the bottoms of the rolls, evenly spread prepared taco meat out on the sour cream.
- Sprinkle the taco meat with 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Evenly distribute peppers and tomatoes on the cheese and cover with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Place roll tops back on the top, stir together melted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper and pour evenly over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum let set for 10 minutes, then bake for 10 minutes.