These Reese’s Stuffed Puff Pastry Donuts are rich, decadent, and easy to make! Just 6 ingredients stand between you and chocolate-peanut butter bliss!
Did you know that today is National Donut Day? How could we pass up a chance to celebrate this fun little holiday and indulge in some of our favorite round desserts! And these delicious puff pastry donuts are an absolute must for this very special day!
Reese’s Stuffed Puff Pastry Donuts
PIN IT TO YOUR RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST!
FOLLOW SUGAR & SOUL ON PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
I’ve always loved donuts, they were a part of almost every weekend growing up, as my dad would always pick up a box of Country Kitchen plain donuts on Saturdays. Personally, I was a fan of the local bakery’s glazed or Persian donuts, man those things were good! My Central Maine friends know what I’m talking about right?
Well, today’s donut is a little over the top and there’s probably no way anyone would ever let you classify this as breakfast, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try 😉 What I love most about this recipe is that it only has six ingredients and you can whip them up super fast.
Puff pastry dough gives these donuts a light and flaky shell, which perfectly encloses the rich chocolaty peanut butter cup. Dip it in chocolate sauce and add sprinkles and we’re in business. If you’re looking for another delicious puff pastry treat, check out this delicious Croissookie recipe!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unfold the pastry sheets on a clean, floured surface and use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut 9 circles of dough out of each sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and water. Use a basting brush to brush the egg wash around the outer edge of 9 of the dough circles.
- Unwrap the Reese's peanut butter cups and place one in the center of each of the 9 egg washed dough circles. The other two cups will be used later.
- Place the remaining 9 circles on top of the Reese's cups and use a fork to pinch the edges of the two pieces of dough on the top and bottom of the Reese's together.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for about 13-15 minutes, until tops are lightly golden.
- Let donuts cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Dip tops of donuts in chocolate sauce and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles. Finely chop the remaining Reese's and sprinkle on the top of the donuts.