Tzatziki Sauce uses just a handful of ingredients to make an authentic Greek recipe that’s loaded with fresh flavors and ready in just 10 minutes!
Recipes with a cucumber base always seem so light and refreshing, my Cucumber Tomato Salad is another one worth trying! You could even drizzle this easy tzatziki sauce over the salad!
This Easy Tzatziki Sauce is creamy, tasty, and loaded with grated cucumbers, greek yogurt, and minced garlic. Pair this cucumber sauce with Chicken Gyros or Greek Meatballs for a satisfyingly delicious Greek meal!
What’s great about this Tzatziki recipe is that you can use it as either a condiment or even an appetizer dip! Use pita chips, bread, or vegetables for dipping or layer it on spicy meats, salads, gyros, or bifteki!
No matter how you enjoy it, this Tzatziki will quickly become one of your new favorite homemade sauces!
The base of this tzatziki dip is a full-fat Greek yogurt and grated English cucumbers. You can use regular yogurt but keep in mind it will just alter the final taste of this cucumber sauce.
Load it full of flavor using garlic cloves, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, then add salt and pepper to taste.
Most greek restaurants add in chopped fresh dill or mint, but I recommend trying a bit first! Then you can add the herbs to your liking.
How To Make Tzatziki Sauce
- Prepare the cucumber by peeling it, cutting it into lengthwise quarters, removing the seeds, and grating it finely. You can easily grate the cucumber using a food processor with a shredding attachment.
- Squeeze the grated cucumbers on paper towels or a clean linen napkin to wring out any excess water.
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Season to taste and serve!
Can I Make This Ahead?
Yes, Gyro Sauce will stay good for up to 4 days in an airtight container stored in the refrigerator. It will actually taste even better when it has the chance to sit a bit.
Can I Freeze This?
Unfortunately, dairy products don’t freeze well, since this is super easy to make I’d recommend always making it fresh.
How To Serve Tzatziki Sauce
This is a great recipe to serve up as a dip alongside fresh veggies, pita bread, or olives. It also makes a great sauce for gyros, meatballs, and other authentic Greek dishes.
Can I Make More?
Yes, just double or triple the ingredients to make a larger batch.
I really enjoy making my own homemade sauces, they almost always pack more fresh flavor than store-bought! Here are more sauces for you to try making at home!
- Fish Taco Sauce – This super creamy and delicious condiment is perfect for topping your fish tacos!
- Burger Sauce – Made with mayo, ketchup, mustard, relish, and spices to finish off your sandwiches, burgers, and fries.
- Best Penne Alla Vodka Sauce – Cover your favorite pasta dish in this tasty sauce!
- Marinara Sauce – A homemade authentic Italian tomato sauce that’s ready in just 45 minutes!
- Homemade Shrimp Cocktail Sauce – Packs a punch full of flavor using horseradish and tabasco sauce!
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
Click the button above to save this delicious recipe to your board!
👋 Let’s Connect!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please let me know how you liked it in the comments below and leave a review. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag me – @sugarandsoulco – on Instagram and Pinterest with your photos or join our Sugar & Soul Show-offs Community and share them there, where you can join our recipe challenges!
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt pepper to taste
- fresh dill and/or mint optional
- Peel the cucumber and cut it into quarters lengthwise. Remove the seeds and grate it finely.
- Place the grated cucumber on a clean kitchen towel and wring out the excess water.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and stir together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with bread and/or vegetables. Tastes also amazing with bifteki, gyros, and other spicy meats.
- A lot of greek restaurants add fresh chopped dill and/or mint to the tzatziki. Try a bit first and see how you like it, then add the herbs to your liking. Dried herbs will also work. generally, no other herbs than these are not used.
- You can adjust the amount of garlic to your taste.